Step on the Gas

⚠️This is an 18+ story ⚠️

~ <3 ~

Taking in a hybrid turned out to be a lot harder than Jungkook expected.

He assumed that it would be like adopting any other pet, a nice loveable companion who, instead of just barks or mewls, hybrids would actually be able to speak to you. All the whilst keeping the traits of an animal planted in their DNA. Hybrids had only began showing up a few years ago, and even more recently to be deemed domestic enough to be welcomed into your home. People were wary at the beginning, they looked humanoid enough, yet with whichever animal their DNA shared it would show through their habits. For instance, a cat hybrid would have a long tail and signature cat ears, yet the resemblance wouldn't stop there. The kitten-like creatures would love to attempt to climb your curtains or pounce on small rodents. But they could learn, learn to be a human companion more than an animal could. Hence, why scientists deemed them safe enough to be brought into your homes.

At first, Jungkook thought that it was a little weird to be fostering someone who resembled so much like a human, the only difference being whichever ears sprouting from their head or the tail from their rear. It was basically like adopting a friend—and if that didn't seem socially pathetic enough. Either way, Jungkook never really understood them, let alone expected to get one himself. And soon enough, he saw more of them wandering the streets, all with their respective owners. 'Owners' was another thing that didn't sit right with him.

But that was until his friend Jimin, (one out of his very small friend circle of three) had gotten one himself, then proceeded to tell him Jungkook how he never gets out of the house and works his ass off only to do it again the next day, recommending a hybrid friend for the younger. He scoffed and brushed it off, until lately he found himself feeling small in the empty quiet walls of his lonely apartment. He blames it on being an antisocial author with a bad sleep schedule.

So with a little reluctance and minimal hurt to his pride, he went out to a hybrid adoption centre (just mentioning the place seemed weird enough to the male) and entered the place with a worker going on and on about how a hybrid would be a beautiful addition to his life. Jungkook didn't get it.

"What type of hybrid are you looking for?" The lady, Chaewon, had asked.

"Uh... what?" Nothing made sense to the male, luckily the employee was understanding and happy to help Jungkook out.

"Y'know, what animal would you like your hybrid to be shared with? Cat, dog, bunny, anything of a typical domestic pet."

Pet. The word didn't sit right with him. Nevertheless, he stuttered out a response as awkward as him already being there.

"Uhm, I'm not sure. Is there like a benefit to each type o-or something...?" He cringed at his question, but it seemed Chaewon wasn't bothered by it.

"Ah, no no. It's just like what animal you prefer. Like, if you're a dog person we'd recommend the obvious: dog hybrids, as they're as energetic and adventurous as you'd expect."

Jungkook paused as he took in the information, he honestly didn't do his research before coming there and he was definitely regretting it then. It all seemed like too much and right about then the introvert in him was screaming to go home. Yet, at the same time he didn't want to go home to an empty apartment, which was the whole reason he went there in the first place. So he might as well at least meet some of the hybrids. Besides, he was more of a dog person and he knows dogs are the best animal to get you to leave your house—which was what Jungkook needed the most.

"O-oh well, I guess dogs then."

Chaewon smiled and led him to the Canines' room, and that was how he inevitably met his very interesting hybrid, Taehyung.