Halloween

At a pumpkin patch where the summer sisters were, looking at pumpkins for Halloween, turned into Buffy fighting a vampire and Taylor sitting on a hay bale, drawing out the face. Much to their knowledge, there was another vampire, lurking behind some bushes with a camera, recording Buffy and the vampire fighting. This vampire worked for Spike as he sent him so he can know how Buffy fights to be prepared. Buffy takes a sign and shoves it into the vampire's heart, dusting him. 

When Buffy walks over to her sister, she picks the pumpkin up and twirls it around for Buffy to see. "What do you think?" 

"Why is it smiling?" Buffy questions, thinking pumpkins usually had a ragged mouth and triangular eyes. But Taylor drew hearts for eyes with a big open smile for the mouth. 

"Pumpkins can smile and have hearts for eyes. Plus, it would be a nice sight too look at come morning after all the pumpkins you smashed." She speaks. 

 Buffy chuckles as Taylor gets up and they begin to walk to the Bronze as Buffy had a date with Angel. 

"Yeah. I'm just glad to have Halloween off, with all the creatures of the night taking off." Buffy says.

"I wonder why. It's a little backwards if you ask me. The one night they can show their true selves without people questioning. It would be like an open bar for vampires." Taylor says.

"Right. But Giles said that it was supposed to be quiet." Buffy said and oh how wrong Giles was, as an old friend of his showed up in Sunnydale, planning to cause chaos that Halloween night. 

----

     The next day at school the four teens walk down the stairs and see Snyder shoving a clipboard with a pen attached to it, forcing her to volunteer for taking a group of kids trick or treating. 

"Snyder must be in charge of the volunteer safety program for Halloween this year." Willow suggested. 

"Doesn't seem like volunteering if he's forcing people to do it." Taylor states, Xander nodding in agreement, although she doesn't think it would be too bad of an idea to do said activity. 

"What's the deal?" Buffy asks. 

"A bunch of little kids need people to take them trick or treating. Sign up and get your own pack of sugar-hyped little runts for the night." Xander explains, obviously not liking the whole thing. 

"It doesn't seem that bad. I think I'll sign up, on my own." Taylor says. 

"Yikes. I'll stick to vampires." Buffy says, grimacing until she's turned around, Snyder being the cause, as he holds the clipboard in his hand. 

"Miss Summers. Just the juvenile delinquent I've been looking for." Synder states.  

"Principal Synder." Buffy says, putting on a fake smile, already knowing what he's going to have her do. 

"Halloween must be a big night for you--tossing eggs, keying cars, bobbing for apples. One pathetic cry for help after another.  Well, not this year, missy." Snyder says, leading Buffy to the set-up table. 

"Gosh, I'd love to sign up, but I recently developed carpal-tunnel syndrome and can tragically no longer hold a flashlight." Buffy says but Snyder doesn't look amused. 

"The program starts at 4:00. The children have to be back at 6:00." Snyder says, handing Buffy the clipboard and pen, which she takes with a pout and signs. As she does so, Snyder also hands Xander, Willow, and Taylor one, which Taylor happily accepts. They put the boards down and walk away. 

"I can't believe this. We have to get dressed up and the whole deal?" Xander asks in disbelief. 

"Snyder said costumes were mandatory." Willow states.