scotland

2 months later & the season ending, im in scotland golfing with the guys for the first week of the break.

even throughout the final 2 months of the regular season, i checked my dms & follows everyday, hoping to see her face.

maybe i wont find her.

maybe shes gone.

she either forgot about me or doesn't care about me, which maybe i need to do the same.

but shes been on my mind for well over a year now, ive created a habit of thinking about her & searching her name.

shes an addiction that i didn't mean to start.

"quinn...quintin." jack said, standing in the doorway of our connected rooms.

i looked at him.

"did you paint the wall?" he asked.

"no why?"

"because it looked like you where watching paint dry." he laughed.

"fuck off."

"you ready?"

"yeah." i replied.

we met cole & matt in the hallway.

"doing your make up again?" cole chirped.

i just shook my head.

we headed down to the clubhouse, for a quick lunch and then were playing golf for the rest of the day.

entering the clubhouse, the boys started looking at the menu, but my eyes were locked on a head of chestnut brown curls.

jack tapped my shoulder, telling me it was my turn to order.

but as soon as i finished, i looked back at her.

"dottie?"

she was filling up her cup with lemonade & sweet tea.

"dottie?"

she turned around to face me.

"hey dottie." i smiled.

"hi." she said shyly.

"what are you doing here?" i asked like a fucking idiot.

she stopped making a plate of food and looked around, "um playing golf." she said before her eyes looked back at me.

"hey bud, we'll be out there just text us when youre heading out, i got your lunch." jack said.

"yeah." i nodded, watching them leave.

"what are you doing?" she asked kindly, wanting to know why i wasn't going with the boys.

"can we talk?"

"i guess."

she made her plate while i awkwardly waited then i followed her to a table on the patio.

over looking the course, we sat next to eachother.

shes wearing a white polo with the clubs logo in it and a floral pleated golf skirt with nike golf shoes.

"whats up quinn?" she sounds like she cares but also like she doesn't.

"ive been looking for you. youve been impossible to get in contact with her."

"i know." she said.

"you know that the ive been looking for you?"

she set her sandwich down and looked at me. "quinn, that interview went viral. you told the world that i was bullied and theres 3 things i dont want to remember and being bullied everyday of those 4 years is #3. you said i was kind but you also did nothing to stop it, nothing quinn."

"im sorry dottie." i said, my heart shattering.

"i know." she nodded and took a bite of her sandwich.

"why didn't you reach out?"

"why would i? its already on instagram & tiktok and articles online. its everywhere. you said what you said."

"cmon dottie, dont you want to
talk, weve got history."

she chuckled, "no quinn, we had a project together the second semester of senior year so i went over to your house and stayed for dinner one time."

"my mom asks about you still, she loves you." i said.

"well ellen is the type of mom to love everyone that entered her house and feed them dinner. my mom was the same." she said, wrapping the sandwich that she took 2 bites of back up.

"dottie-"

"you should go catch up with your friends. nice seeing you quinn."

she stood up and walked away.

"dottie." i begged.

but a few eyes fell on me so i texted jack and asked what hole they are on.

i took one last glance at her as she walked back into the clubhouse.