Chapter 3-The Fighting Machine and Inkopolis

With the landing of the large bulk on Mount Nantai and my close encounter with the extraterrestrial being, I had already presumed that it had a connection with the Green Flash Event that had happened many years ago—an event I only just learned about yesterday. It's like I am responsible for what's to come just out of curiosity. As a pack, Melissa led us away from the site, as she was petrified by my words and the disturbing possibilities of a potential invasion. I could still remember her strong yet frightened face by it, as she had feared for our safety, but apparently she has a plan developing in our minds that sits comfortably in most of our minds. I wasn't like the rest, as I still have my lover's face projecting in my mind. The moment I arrive back in Inkopolis, I will begin my reunion with him.

We all made it back to where we began; now we are doing the opposite, driving back to Ruby's mansion, just as Melissa had stated to her girlfriend earlier. I once again sat where I once was, and the group promptly started questioning what I had seen, which included my dream.

"Bridgette?" Melissa said as she looked deeply into my eyes. "Did you see anything else?"

I nodded silently as I was too shocked to speak about my experience; I wasn't comfortable continuing to talk about it.

"The dream, Melissa," urged Shorthair, "tell her about her dream. She told me earlier about it."

"Tartar?" she assumed.

"No, it's not about it. It could be about the alien."

At that moment, I began discussing my dream with the group, stating all the obvious things I had seen and heard, only leaving the part where I was in a utopia as I was too shy to tell them about it—it would have ruined the seriousness of the situation. Once I finished, they were, like me, disturbed by it and began assuming that it could be a sign of the future, which concerned Melissa further, and for that reason, she commanded Ruby to push the gas pedal to its maximum. Now we are speeding on the road, but thankfully, no one was around to witness her recklessness.

"Push it, Ruby!"

"Oh, this is gonna be fun!" She said it with a large grin on her mouth.

We still had time to continue our conversation about both my dream and Melissa's plan of survival, where she would propose that we go somewhere up far in the mountains, somewhere more northern than here, where she expects that we will be guaranteed hidden detection from the outside world. Personally, I was impressed with her plans; it was like she was waiting for this moment, but really, she wasn't. That's where we learned that she only knew about the place of safety, as she was told by the old man while we were down in the Metro. Despite all that, Melissa doesn't know what's waiting for us down there—all we knew was that it would provide us with a place to stay in a scenario like this, which sadly, as we learn more, will happen.

As we continued chatting and chatting, a grim question was brought up to the table: Do the aliens possess advanced technology and weapons that would render our defenses useless? Our hearts and souls sank down into the deep oceans just by that word itself—useless. Ruby and I, along with my friend Shorthair, reassure all of us that they can't be that advanced. I could still remember that once Shorthair gave us that sentence, it would give us a sense of hope.

"I beat things that throw fists at me. C'mon, what kinds of stuff do those guys have?"

Our conversation soon quells down after a while, and silence consumes the atmosphere, but our fears have not diminished; it still prosper within all of us. With that, I shoved my hands to grab my phone, turned it on, and I now saw the events of the news. All of the newsfeeds from every site are filled with the same headlines regarding the Cynlinders. It wasn't my main concern—for now—so I ignored it and pressed my fingers into the message app. There, I saw my lover's final messages from some days ago, before things became more busy for him. With desires for his survival, I began typing my concerns, urging him to leave his apartment now and to meet us at the mansion. Once I pressed the "send" button, I felt relieved, easing me from all the stress I was receiving—it's like my lover was instantly guaranteed to live for what's to come.