flashback @1

September 14, 2008Sao Paulo, at the Ekaksha Residence

Ellena's pov

Today, the entire neighborhood gathered at our place to witness the Italian Grand Prix. My brother pulled off a miraculous performance in Monza, securing pole position in a wet qualifying session, even in a Toro Rosso (for those unfamiliar with F1, it's a lower-level team and the sister team to the main Red Bull team). To celebrate his achievement, he invited our neighbors, friends, and even Dad's colleagues for a barbecue. We all sat in the yard, a big screen set up in the backyard, eagerly waiting for the race to begin. Martin Brundle's voice echoed through the speakers.

"Welcome, everyone, to the temple of speed! Today has been a wet day, with no signs of the rain stopping. This is going to be a cracker of a race."

As the introductions and interviews unfolded, anticipation filled the air. TV pundits predicted that Priyanshu's car, being slower than the top contenders, would fall back after a few laps. Well, let's see about that, shall we?

**Lap 1 out of 53**

The race kicked off under the safety car due to standing water, but after a lap, it was time to go. My father enjoyed his beer while my mother nervously chanted a prayer."And we go racing again as Priyanshu leads Hamilton, followed by Alonso and the pack. Priyanshu takes the lead into the distance."

**Lap 48 out of 53**

The track dried out, and Priyanshu came in for new dry tires. With only a few laps left, it seemed like he was on track for his first F1 victory. Then, a crucial fact from Dad caught my attention."Ellena, if Priyanshu wins, he's going to be the youngest winner ever."My eyes widened. My brother could make history. Excitement buzzed through me, and the crowd, including my friend Kate, eagerly anticipated the outcome.Before we continue, a quick personal update: Priyanshu made Mom retire from serving food, and Dad had the option too but chose to continue teaching. I'm pursuing dentistry in college, and with Priyanshu earning well, it helps cover tuition and other expenses. Everything's going great, but I haven't told them about my boyfriend yet – that's a story for another time. Let's get back to the race.

**Lap 53 out of 53**

"As Priyanshu starts the final lap, this has been one of the best performances I've seen in my nearly 20 years of F1. Truly remarkable."In our home, everyone was ready to celebrate,. As Priyanshu rounded the final corner, I felt tears welling up, and my mother prepared to cry."As Priyanshu rounds up the final corner, he wins the Italian GP!"And then the dam broke. 

Priyanshu's POV

"Yes, yes, I did it! I did it!"My race engineer chimed in, "You've done it! You've won the Italian GP. Congratulations!"I replied with excitement, "Yes, we did it! We f***ing did it!" I made my way to the parc ferme to park my car on the winner's stand. With legs feeling like jelly, I stood on the car, pointing my index finger to the camera, declaring who's number one.

I went on to jump on my team, and as everyone congratulated me, Franz Tost, the team principal, said, "I knew talking to you was the best choice

I went on to jump on my team, and as everyone congratulated me, Franz Tost, the team principal, said, "I knew talking to you was the best choice." I smiled and continued receiving congratulations from everyone. The podium celebration was next. Fans downstairs, I got my award, tossed it in the air to celebrate, and then the brazilian  national anthem played as I proudly stood there. This was it—what I sacrificed so much for, and I was thrilled it paid off. My thoughts were interrupted as cold champagne hit me. I grabbed my bottle to retaliate. Let's just say the party continued all night.