chapter 1

2023 Pre-Season Testing in Bahrain - Day One

"Welcome to our recap of official preseason testing, day one here in Bahrain! The season's first race is fast approaching, and everyone is excited to see the 2022 cars out on track. Lots of chatter in the paddock today as the teams geared up for their runs here at the Bahrain International Circuit."

"Several teams like McLaren, Red Bull, and Aston Martin got over a hundred laps in today. Plenty of data for the engineers to work with as they settle in for the 23-race season."

"The defending champions, Red Bull, were quick off the block today, completing 60 laps in the morning session, showing reliability as well as posting the fastest time overall by Max Verstappen. But Mercedes, who we thought would be making a comeback this season, is still struggling with their no-pod design. To everyone's surprise, one team has made the jump to challenge Red Bull—Aston Martin."

"That's right! With the most experienced driver lineup, it seems Aston has got its design right. Alonso posted the second-fastest time, and his teammate Priyanshu the third fastest. With such a driver lineup, let's see what they can do this season."

Priyanshu's POV

I was talking with my engineer about the surprising performance gains we had this winter. Suddenly, my PR, Britta, called me. She's been with me since my Red Bull days and followed me to Ferrari and now Aston Martin.

"Let's go. You have a few interviews lined up for today. While walking, let me tell you about today's media duties," she said.

I groaned, "Again, a shitting interview. But whatever."

As we walked through the paddock, greeting drivers and other team members, I saw the team I had a love-hate relationship with—Ferrari.

I joined them in 2015 after winning four successive titles with Red Bull. I won 14 races for them but was sacked in 2020, and they showed everyone that Charles Leclerc was their future. After a season without a seat, I joined the upcoming Aston Martin. We've been fighting at the lower end of the grid, but this year looks promising with a new teammate and a fast car.

Someone called my name while I was walking. Two kids approached, showing me a drawing of me winning and on the podium.

"Could you please sign this for us?" they asked."Sure," I replied, taking their drawing and signing it. We took a few pictures with the kids, and then I continued to the conference room.

Britta said, "I'll be at the back. You know the drill."

"Yeah, I've done this a gazillion times. Don't worry, no controversy."

I sat down for the press conference with Lando Norris, Lewis Hamilton, Fernando, Max, and me. As they asked random questions, I was snapped out of my thoughts when a reporter from the P1 Podcast asked about my difficult seasons and the team's improvements.

"We are here to win. That's the goal, and I am pleased with the improvements with the team. Hopefully, we can challenge the big teams and push forward," I answered.

Saturday, Qualifying Bahrain GP

"Welcome to the season opener here in Bahrain as we get ready for the last part of qualifying. It seems four drivers are going for pole position. Let's head to the action now."

ryan pov (father)

We all are here to watch the race and support Priyanshu. Ellena is here with her fiancé, Robin. The last few years have been difficult, with people questioning priyanshu  legacy, but today he needs to prove he belongs here. And I believe in him.

"As the clock runs down, Max Verstappen has a provisional pole, and the two Aston Martins are left to come. Can they beat Max's time? Alonso crosses the line, and he slots into P2."

"There is only one person who can deny Max pole, and that's Priyanshu. He is the fastest in the first sector."

"As he comes around turn 15, Priyanshu flicks the car left and then quickly right and then powers down the back straight. He needs to focus on the last corner to make up the time lost in the middle sector. He is really pushing the car to the limits."

Will the old lion roar again as he crosses the line?

We all hold our breath as he crosses the finish line."Priyanshu gets pole by 1 thousandth of a second, his first pole position in 3 years and Aston Martin's first ever! What a performance by the 4-time champ."

I jumped in joy and hugged my family as we all celebrated, with the whole garage cheering.

Priyanshu's POV

"And that pole position, mate. Well done, great quality," Engineer Sam congratulated me.

"Thank you, guys, for putting in the work. Great quality, and hopefully, a good race as well. Let's keep pushing."I parked my car, got out, and did my signature finger celebration. Man, that felt good after so long.

Priyanshu@5: So good to be back at the front fighting

Priyanshu@5: So good to be back at the front fighting. Thank you for all the support. Let's keep pushing!! 

Aston Martin - let's go!!

*User 1:* He is back!

*User 2:* Just luck, mate, nothing else.*

LewisHamilton@44:* Well done, champ!*

*Chapter End - See you in the next one.**