[ 3 ]

present time

       Birds sings their melody as the sun rise to shine down its glory.A tug pulls at the sleeves of the girl's shirt.

"What are you doing...?"

        An unsatisfied frown weighs the corners of his sweet lips.

"Waking you up,what else"

        Immediately,a soft thud smacked down onto her face.A loud groan roared as the pillow was slowly dragged off her features.The way her lashes dropped and swayed slowly as she tries to take hold of her surroundings; how he want to keep it forever on his memory.

"Good morning gorgeous, time for your beauty sleep to come to an end!"

"NOO-"

     She put on her outfit, to be more specific...it was the outfit Aether has tailored for her when they went out travelling together.It has a nice fabric,so why not?Strapping the bags onto her hips,she went ahead and catch up with the friend group.

"Hey!( name ), over here!"

       The blonde called out.She had always wondered how a person like him can be SO energetic!

"Yoo,Kaveh!"

   She did little hops onto the circle of the group.

"Everyone's ready?"

    They all nod and begin their journey to the Avidya Forest.

(1st person POV)

     Tall mushroom trees soon turn visible as the group got closer to the forest.The grass slowly started fading into a blue color.The atmosphere was pretty gloomy.I guess you could say it was because of the increase in humidity?

      I reach for his hand..

"( name )?"

       I felt sick...like last time.My head was spinning.It was as if i was pinned onto a spinning wheel!

"If you can't go on,you can wait for us here..."

       But that wouldn't be fair...I was the one who agreed on going.I can't just give up now!

"no..I'll be fine"

      The deeper you got into the area,the more you feel dizzy.You felt like there was something that was weighing you.It was as if needles have been stabbed onto your ribs,banging to go through the other side.

"You've returned.."

       You turn around only to see no one.Not even a single thing.Perhaps you were just hearing things?You can't really tell whether you're just having hallucinations or are you actually bleeding from the heart.

         Oh,but why does it feel so real?The way your heartbeat tugs at every inch of you.Begging and begging to go home.You almost could hear it say, "LET ME OUT!LET ME OUT OF HERE!PLEASE!" it pleads and pleads.

         It's hands keep smashing on the glass surrounding it. Screaming and crying. It all feels so familiar. Like that soul where it had tears staining it's skull. At one point,perhaps you even heard your heart say, "LET ME OUT, DOTTORE!"

         The stick snapped as soon as you step on it. Wait what...why was that...

"It seems that this is the place you fainted.Here,this is yours right?"

          Tighnari gloved hands held out a star earing towards you.It was this..the same one as he had.

"Hey,that looks the same as one of the former student at the Akademiya had..I think his name was–"

"Fleur..Fleuron Jules (L/N)"

           You said as you gently took the earing from Tighnari.

"He was...my brother.."

           The group all went silent as that sentence was said.The bouncing of fungi and streams of the waterfall was all that could be heard.

"Hey,uhh guys..I think we all should head back now...it's getting dark already.."

             The blonde shyly state.Perhaps he was afraid that they would be mad at him for cutting the tension in the air.

"Kaveh's right..let's stop for today.We can continue this some other day,well,when ( name) have the time,of course."

             They all agreed and went to their respective houses,except for the two that lives together somehow.

            Maybe it was fate that the traveller decided to pass by your house when you got back.You can only wonder what Aether had in store for you with that look of his...and also without a paimon.

            Your ears have been ringing since the very moment you set your foot onto this area.Perhaps it was a sign that you should stop; but then again it's not like you know when too much is too much.

           The place hasn't changed one bit since you
left it.The creeping vines,the cracked walls,even the same dropped coin hasn't moved.Was it glued or something?You hold your breath as you slowly push the front door open.

             The creaking of the door echoes throughout the hallway.Bold footsteps slowly walks towards you.The figure in the shadow clapped its hands,a gesture of amusement and also satisfaction.You try to deny the truth but yet here you are.Just like he said, "once again".

"Welcome back!Guess the moldy rat simply can't resist the longing of its home, huh!?"

             The dim light of the sunlight covered by the tall trees seeped through the windows.Illuminating the figure standing on its glory,full of pride.At that very moment,it felt like you were chained onto the floor.— just like how it used to be.

               Warm lights reflects onto the doctor.Highlighting his sky blue hair and that bird beak you have grown familiar with.Your motive returning to this forbidden place was clear to the eyes hiding behind that mask.Guess the experiment is done.

                The scene was laid out on a device before 9 figures surrounding the table.The cold winter breeze sang its song,bringing joy to the young but sorrow to the ones that lies beneath the snow.The black pawn was moved forward one square.

"All seems to be coming together.Just a further more,and Her Majesty's noble wish shall be granted!"

                   All of the figures bow elegantly as they all went to their respective ways.Except for one,the person with the same visual as the guy shown on the device.A small grin climb onto his lips.— the hypothesis is accepted.we shall move on to the next procedure.prepare the required necessities.the procedure shall be conducted in a few minutes.

Happy new yearr