034

Elianna

Lando took me by my hand as we went away from his car and walked to a big building he said was the studio they rented for the photoshoot. I also got the information that it was going to be me - as a model - with him, his friend Max Fewtrell, and some other real models.

We went into the elevator and Lando clicked on the highest floor, which was twelve. I eyed the elevator suspiciously as I leaned against the wall of it. Lando noticed and eyed me up and down, "You good?"

"I don't like elevators," I confessed and crossed my arms on my chest, "One time I got stuck in one with my grandma in a hospital and I thought I would die."

That made him laugh uncontrollably and completely callously and I swear to god it made the elevator vibrate a little bit. Panicked, I flinched away from the wall and stood face to face to Lando, giving him a pleading look.

If it wouldn't be for me being too cautious of the movement of the damn elevator, I would be more aware of how close my and Lando's positions were. He had tiny freckles across the bridge of his nose is what I noticed.

Ding

"Freakin' finally," I let out an exasperated breath and ran out of that maschine as fast as I could, noticing Lando looking at me with a confused smirk. Then there was another ding, but on my phone. And on Lando's as well.

Zoe Martin (McLaren PR)
Hello! We've noticed how
you two are doing very well at
holding hands and hanging out.
We think that maybe it's time to
up the game a little.
Of course, do the things in the border
of what you're comfortable with.
Have a nice day,
Z.M.

Both of us looked at one another with knowing looks, somewhat already aware that it is, in fact, probably needed to be seen even closer now. Lando shrugged and motioned with his head toward one of the doors that were in the hall we stood in.

"Fewtrell! You here?" Lando yelled when he closed the door behind me after we entered. I looked at him briefly and then looked at the guy that appeared in front of us.

"No need to yell at me like this, you muppet," a guy with curly hair and blue eyes, dressed in a dark green hoodie with Quadrant logo on it, walked towards his yelling friend and clapped hands with him as a greeting.

"I believe you two haven't met yet, Elianna, this is Max Fewtrell, Max, this Elianna my—"

"Your FG, got that one," Max nodded and stretched his hand out to me, which I accepted and shook it with him.

"FG?" Me and Lando said at the same time, both of us looked confused.

"Fake girlfriend, am I the only one who understands all the shortcuts?"

Oh, so he knew. It made me feel better about myself that I wasn't the only one who spilled the beans to my best friend.

"You have a weird way of shortcuts, mate."

"Either way, it's nice to meet you," I gave Max a small smile. I remembered him from one time when I saw him with Lando, back when we still weren't 'dating', I was also aware of his existence because Lando mentioned him briefly.

"Likewise, Elianna. Anyway, let's get you two geared up!"

He quickly shoved us toward one of the rooms, where there was a bunch of clothes on racks and a mirror on the wall - which was clearly the changing room. Next to it was a room with a makeup artist that was just finishing one of the model's looks.

Lando took me by my arm and led me to the changing room, where he immediately went through all the clothes. I stood patiently behind him as he handed me a baby blue crewneck and pair of grey sweatpants.

He took some clothes himself and headed to the door, leaving the room so I could change. After I did, we switched turns as I went out and got my makeup fixed up by the makeup artist, which made me feel like some celebrity.

I've never been on a photoshoot in my life. Well, except those school ones, which was boring and excruciating anyway. I waited for the models to take turns before I was called to pose in front of the camera.

"Natural talent!" The photographer said as I posed, mostly making my best poker face. It made my ego boost as she said it, not gonna lie about that. "Okay, please get me someone in here, let's do pair photos."

One of the male models headed my way at the photographers command, however then the boss of this all called out, "I'm on it." I looked at Lando who was walking my way, chin high up and eyes focused on me.

"Alright, give me your best poses," the photographer said as Lando and I stood next to each other. Then the woman came to us and fixed me so I was propped against his shoulder, which kept me from falling down as I leaned against him. The camera clicked a few times before we changed positions so he was facing the camera whilst I had my hand on his shoulder, my back turned to the camera. "Perfect! You two are just perfect!"

"See, I'm a natural talent as well," Lando leaned to my ear and whispered.

I turned to him and flashed him a look through my lashes, "Confident much?"

He sneaked his arm around my stomach and made me lean more to his side, causing goosebumps raise on my skin as I realised how close we were and from how comfortable he seemed to be touching me.

How was he so good at keeping his breath steady? Mine was racing.

Thankfully I maintained my stone cold face on, until he tickled my side with his fingers, which made me flinch in his hold, "Stop it, you idiot," I whispered. But he seemed like he was enjoying it too much when he did it again, at which I reacted with somehow getting out of his hold, however before I managed to get away from him completely, a pair of hands pulled me back to him and hoisted me up in his arms.

A low embarrassing squeak left my lips as I was lifted up in the air. Lando held me in his arms as if I was a feather and weighed nothing, boyishly smirking at me triumphantly. I looked into his eyes, which were already staring deeply into mine. Ocean of blue and green captivated me so much to a point where I wasn't sure of what was really happening. It was as if it was only me and him at that moment. And it was so calm.

Realising what I was thinking about, I shook my head slightly and wiggled out of his arms as he finally put me down. As we broke apart, the photographer exclaimed, "So magnificent, you two are really good models, well done."

I put on a small smile before standing back and sitting on one of the chairs, whilst Lando continued the photoshoot with Max, who switched his place with mine.

I didn't know what happened and I was confused. Not even a month ago, I wouldn't be able to be in the position I was with Lando moments ago. Hell, I wouldn't even imagine any of it. But I suppose as I was around him almost all the time now, he grew less annoying in my mind and I started accepting the fact he was my friend. Or something that resembles a word friend.

A friend who I was fake dating.