₍ᵔ.˛.ᵔ₎̀⁽ᵕ̈⁾ ́

chapter 12: ASHER LEORA

The scene was one of utter despair and disbelief as Leora sobbed uncontrollably, her voice trembling with desperation. 

"I want to meet my husband!" she pleaded, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Ender, who had been listening silently, finally spoke, his voice weary.

 "Come with me," he said, grasping Leora firmly and ushering her into a vehicle without a word.

 The drive was silent, tension thick in the air, until the car came to a halt, leaving Leora disoriented as she stepped out.

Confusion clouded her mind as she surveyed her surroundings,

 realizing with a sinking feeling that she stood in a graveyard. 

'what is he doing in a.........graveyard?'

Her heart skipped a beat as her gaze fell upon a grave, shock reverberating through her entire being at the inscription: ASHER LEORA.

"It can't be," Leora gasped, her voice trembling with disbelief.

Ender's voice sliced through the heavy air, cold and resolute. "Yes, it is, and it can be."

Before she could react, Ender's grip tightened, forcing her towards the grave. 

Panic surged within her, and in a moment of sheer desperation and survival instinct, Leora managed to wrestle free momentarily. With a swift movement, 

she shot Ender's left hand and swiftly aimed at the heads of the guards, her actions driven by fear and adrenaline.

As chaos erupted around them, Leora dashed towards the waiting car, 

a glimmer of hope ignited within her. She struggled to start the vehicle in her haste, the daunting task slowing her movements. 

With a determined vroom, she revved the engine, aiming to flee the harrowing scene.

However, before she could accelerate, 

someone seized her from behind, muffling her cries for help. In a sudden turn of events, the car careened dangerously, hurtling towards an impending collision. 

With quick reflexes, the unknown person maneuvered the wheel, altering the car's course just in time to avoid disaster.

Despite the swerve, the abruptness of the maneuver and the overwhelming stress caused Leora to lose consciousness.

 The world around her faded into darkness as the car screeched to a halt, leaving Leora unconscious and the events shrouded in uncertainty.

the figure sighed heavily as he whispered in his deep voice, "silly girl"