Bumping shoulders

Luz pov.

Amity fell asleep on my lap, so I gently placed her head on the arm rest. I stretched my shoulders and figured I may be able to turn something up at the library.

"Miha? Where are you off too? And, when did everyone fall asleep?" Mom asked, as I was on my way out.

"Oh, just to the library Mami, I'll be back by dinner. And erm, I dunno. Willow went upstairs with Hunter and Amity and Gus... I dunno I'm gonna assume they stayed up late going on about fanfiction of some kind or another." I chuckled opening the door.

I threw my coat on and finished saying goodbye. I was only a few blocks away from the library, a ten minute walk give or take. I thought about that girl in the road, but then my mind trailed off to Amity sleeping on my side. Hehe, so cute.

I shook myself awake and walked through the leaves. I didn't get the satisfaction of muffled crunching under my shoes but, more barely audible squishes, I hate it when the leaves are wet.

When I got to the library I patted the head of the small stone creature tht was perched on a pedestal at the corner of the steps. It was identical to it's left counterpart, I always found them more goofy then intimidating, kinda adorable actually.

"Hello? Uhm- Mushu? Uh, Masho, Mash? Whatever your name is, you in here?" I asked the empty front desk.

"It's Masha." I heard a voice say from behind me.

I jumped and spun on my heel to face her, I subconsciously simulated holding a glyph in my hand. I might have gotten to used to having to fight the emperors goons.

"Ooookayy? Well, sorry I was giving a tour to a newbie. Luz right?" Masha asked.

I nodded and said "Luz Noceda", I said it was nice to meet her and a few other formalities. Mami worries that I'm not as lively as usual, but I've got a lot on my plate is all. I'm fine. All good.

I asked her what she meant about a 'newbie', she said a new girl came in. Tan, poofy leaf ridden hair, one shoe. A real oddball, which peaked my interest. That sounded a lot like the car hood girl.

"What, was she looking for, specifically?" I asked.

"Eh, stuff about the town, dimensional stuff, deep space history- oh and she asked if there was a lost and found. Why you know her?" Masha asked.

"Uhh, yeah, point me in the direction?" I asked.

Masha held her small smile that her lips were practically always curled in, and pointed me towards the back of the building. I opened a white door with a cardboard sign reading LOST 'N FOUND. And sure enough, I saw a girl with poofy hair, one shoe, and tan skin, hunched over a small box among many others behind coat racks if nothing special or really note worthy.

"Hey Masha, would there be any mas-" The girl began but stopped mid sentence when she saw me.

"You." She said.

"You?!" I exclaimed.

"Me? No you." She said.

"No, you!" I said.

"Pretty sure it's you, dude!" She exclaimed.

-Meanwhile-

Third Person pov.

Amity walked down the houses hall in search of Camilla.

"Mrs. Noceda, are you here?" She called out.

Eventually coming to a stop near the pantry, next to the basement door Camilla poked her head out with a arm full of laundry.

"Oh, Amity, can I help you?" Camilla asked softly.

Amity felt a little nervous, or even guilty to ask. The thought of Luz's mind set has been looming in her thoughts ever sense the battle with Belos, Amity can't help but blame herself for a few things. In her mind, maybe if she wasn't arrogant at grudgby her leg wouldn't have been broken and she could have helped Luz more, maybe she didn't do a well enough job comforting her at the Bonesburrow Brawl, or maybe she's just to much of a hassel in general.

"Yeah, it's about Luz... She's been, distant and, worried, it gives me a sick feeling." Amity said.

"Si, I know the feeling.." Camilla replied.

"I just- don't know how to help her. I, sort of, blame myself..." Amity said.

Camilla felt for the young witch, her smile faded to a look of concern. Camilla invited Amity to the kitchen, and with no reason to decline, Amity followed. Camilla made them each a mug of tea, it was a simple Earl Gray that came from a small box from the grocery store.

Camilla asked Amity to tell her everything, so, the timid girl nodded. She spun spun out every tale she had of her and Luz's time on the Isles. It wasn't something that someone in a normal life would just believe, but with Camilla in her extraordinary situation, she listened intently to every word. From the attempted dissection, to Luz using herself as a human shield between Amity and Belos's weaponized limb, both willing to die for the other.

Amity found herself downing the brew and finishing with a satisfied sigh. She let it all out. Even a little of her own issues from back home.

"That's, pretty much it..." Amity sighed.

"Hm.. well that is, quite the love story. Not exactly the cliche fanfiction between to enemies..." Camilla said. "And, you tried to have her dissected, over a badge?"

Amity let her head fall into her folded arms.

"I'm the worst person ever..." Amity said, her voice muffled from her sleeves.

Camilla chuckled.

"I don't know, you saved her life, was there for her, when I couldn't be..." Camilla said, her own turmoil splashing in the back of her head.

Camilla gripped her left arm fighting back the urge to have a pity cry for herself.

"And, you two have been through a lot, and we know Luz. Do you really think she'd jump off this boat now?" Camilla asked.

Amity smiled a little and nodded. This didn't fix everything, but, it was a start.