Chapter 16

Chapter 16

Beckham's POV

"Are you kidding me?" Princess Ren deadpanned as she took in our surroundings.

I chuckled and said, "You were the one who wanted to come so badly. Maybe you should have asked before you decided to invite yourself."

"Would you have told me?" she asked tilting her head to the side and raising her eyebrows.

"Good point. Probably not," I shrugged, settling into my seat since we would be here for a while.

I looked around the empty warehouse and wondered what could be so important about this place. Of course, there was always the chance that my workers and I tracked them to the wrong place and this warehouse was in fact, of no importance.

"Why are we sitting out in the open? If we're trying to catch these guys, then shouldn't we be camouflaged somehow?" Ren asked as if it were the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh young warrior, you have so much to learn. You see that large column to the left?" I pointed to it, ignoring Ren's scowl as I did so.

"What about it?"

"That would be our camouflage," I smugly said, crossing my arms. "I came and scouted out this place earlier today and I saw that this spot was just behind the column where they can't see us, but we're high enough off of ground level where we can see them. Simple."

"Are you always like this?" she asked in, frowning in what looked like annoyance.

"Dashingly handsome and very muscular," I held up my arms for emphasis, "Yes."

She huffed out a breath and shook her head. "No, I meant big headed and a geek burger."

"A what?" I smirked, watching as her face started to turn pink in embarrassment.

"A geek burger. It's an insult okay," she pouted, turning her back to me.

Geek burger...Adorable.

Beckham. Get yourself together. Adorable? Really?

I rubbed my head and tried to think about other things than Princess Ren. Actually, I did need to find out how my friend was doing.

"Princess, out of mere curiosity, how's Prince Beckham doing?"

It was still weird referring to Isaac as Beckham and even more weird calling him a prince. He may seem all nice and regal, but believe me, I've known him my entire life. He is anything, but nice and regal.

"You probably talk to him more than I do, why are you asking me," she shot back, clearly still angry.

"No," I chuckled, "How's he doing in terms of 'wooing you'?"

My put my two fingers of each hand up to show that I was still slightly joking.

She turned her head and gave me a disdainful look. "Why would I tell you?"

"Come on. It's a simple question. It doesn't mean we have to get all buddy-buddy; I'm merely curious as to how he's doing."

I smiled again, but this time it was more sincere, less cocky.

"He's the complete opposite of you. Very nice and quite a gentleman," I snorted, "That's all I have to devulge."

I was going to have to tell him to tone down the friendliness. I hated having to do this to him, especially since I was probably ruining every chance he had with Ren's friend, Gail. I thought he would never stop talking about her. I guess I'll have to remind him of his job right now. Hopefully not for much longer because Isaac had already slipped up one too many times. We really couldn't afford one more big mistake.