4. Truth Too Much To Handle?

"Is it brother thing to hold a lot of static?" I was on my feet, propelled forward by the sheer confusion and slight fear. My eyes were wide as I stared from Silas to Jax. Movie in the background forgotten, I was shivering from the rampant emotions that coursed through my veins.

"Okay, you're alright, I promise. I must have forgotten about the bond spark.." Jax spoke the last sentence to himself in a disappointed murmur. I, however, was more confused.

"What bond spark exactly?" My voice raised in pitch, a nervous laugh tumbling from my lips.

"Charlie," The way my name rolled off Mr.Fancy Pants Owen sounded like a purr, my eyes snapping to him with wobbly knees, "Can I ask you a question?" I blinked at his ask, nodding my rapidly after a moment.

"Yes?" It sounded more like another question, but he simply grinned at me, his amber eyes burning into my soul.

"Do you believe in any faiths? Or myths?" The way he phrased the question only brought the burning reality to slam me. Faith. Religion. The topic made me stiffen on the spot, moving my eyes around all of them and the windows.

"I'm not.. I'm not religious. A-are you?" I couldn't help the tremble in my voice as I took a few shuffled steps back, my heart jumping out of my chest.

"Not religious, no. Though as a family, we believe in a higher power. Not a God, more of a.. Goddess. Nothing to do with sins or church, more-so, we believe in supernatural.."

My mind went blank, then my fear erupted. I sent an electric pulse out from my body, invisible to the naked eye. The lights went out, we were encased in darkness, and I took the moment to let out a sort of whimper, before turning on my heel and running out of there. My eyes adjusted to the dark, items lighting up as the orbitals of my eyes warmed.

My feet thudded against the floor as I took off sprinting through the front door, shouts behind me, calling my name as I put all my force into running.

I had a slight knowing of direction where I was, so I ran to my house. My legs pushed me off the floor as I took a sharp left to ran down the street, seeing the stoplight where the railroad was just ahead of them, my home not far from there.

I thought for a second, Jax must've came from the other direction of town, figured why he didn't know I lived so close to his house. I could smell the scent of chocolate on him; he had come from Sweet Dreams.

When I was close to getting to the other stoplight, a growling noise sounded through the empty air, my feet halting. My eyes widened as white eyes illuminated through the bushes. I took a slow step back, panting as another pair of eyes emerged from the bush closer to me.

"Maybe they're nice." I whispered into thin air, squeezing my hands into fists. Slowly, they both came out from the bushes, their heads raised, taller than I was. I could feel my body tremble as I took another step back, praying to Nyx that I don't get eaten, "Please don't eat me." I whimpered my plead to the wolves.

They slightly snarled, almost as though they laughed. I tilted my head as one of the wolves, scars running down it's chest approached me, my feet frozen to the floor as it's large snout nuzzled into my neck. I muffled a gasp as I slightly flinched, a spark igniting in the dark night.

"No fucking way.." I forcibly spoke with a shake to my voice, my mind spinning. It's eyes moved up to mine, the lightest eyes immediately reminding me of a certain pair of twins. My own eyes widened as I connected the dots, "Oakley..?" I hesitantly whispered, a sort of growled purr a reaction to my thoughts.

"Sorry Angel." A soft voice spoke behind me, startling me, before a sort of mental attack submerged me into fainting. My eyes rolled back and I was caught by hands, before all senses muffled into nothing.