The Garden

The sun and warmth was a welcome change from the thunderstorm the previous night.

It was a beautiful day outside, and Laena took the opportunity to go outside and check the gardens, seeing how the plans thrived after the storm while Laeryn was sitting on a blanket under a shaded tree. The poor boy looked irritated and cranky, most likely affected by the raging storm the other night

Laena was certainly happy to see a new day, and she was out in the garden looking at the plants and crops that had flourished since the thunderstorm. It was a sunny, warm day outside, and Laena had brought Laeryn outside with her to enjoy the sun and fresh air. She found it charming how cranky and irritated Laeryn looked while he was sitting on a blanket under a shady tree to stay cool.

"Come, Laeryn," Laena said to her son lovingly. "The sun is going to do you good. It's a beautiful day outside. Come get this energy out."

"Unh-uh" the little boy protested, wanting to stay underneath the cool shaded tree.

Laena chuckled, Laeryn's grumpiness was quite adorable. She walked over to the tree and bent down to her son's level.

"Laeryn, my sweet angel," she said to him sweetly. "It's a lovely day, the sun is beautiful! Come with mommy and take some fresh air. Let this crankiness out of your body."

Laena chuckled softly as she looked up at his grumpy face.

Laeryn stayed where he was and Laena reached out and gently tugged at Laeryn's arm, still smiling, as she repeated herself. "Come, my sweet angel," she said softly to him. "The sun is beautiful. You have to take some fresh air. Let's get this crankiness out of your body."

Laena laughed as she continued to try and convince Laeryn to join her outside. "Come," she said again, still on Laeryn's level.

Laena picked up Laeryn and held him on her hip, her son responded by whining and burying his face into her shoulder. Laena laughed as she held Laeryn, who had buried his face in her shoulder and was still cranky. She decided to go for a walk around the garden, carrying her little boy on her arms. Even though Laeryn was not happy about it, she figured the air would do him good.

"Come, my love," she said to him gently. "Let me show you the flowers in the garden."

Laena then started to walk around the garden while carrying Laeryn on her arms. She carried him away from the tree where he had been sitting, and she was hoping that the air would do him some good. Laena hoped to cheer him up as she showed him the beautiful flowers of the garden. Laena pointed to the pink roses and said:

"Look, my sweet prince, these are the pink roses I was telling you about."

She pointed out the beautiful flowers to her little boy, while walking around in the bright sunshine.

The little boy simply pouted and buried his face into her shoulder again.

Laena was still amused by how cranky the little boy was being. She continued to walk around in the garden, while carrying him on her arms.

She pointed to some yellow roses next.

"These are the yellow roses, my sweet little angel. They are so beautiful."

He was being so picky today, and still burried his face into her shoulder, but she hoped to maybe distract him a little bit by telling him about the flowers in the garden as she carried him around.

Laena took her son around the garden and showed him more plants and crops, the little boy continued to look quite unamused, until Laena stopped by a bush full of black roses, Laeryn's head perked up when they passed it.

Laena laughed as she saw Laeryn looking perked up and interested by the little bush full of black roses.

"Do you like the black roses?" she asked him, as she pointed to the bush. "They are beautiful, aren't they?"

She gently held Laeryn, and continued to walk around with him on her arms as she showed him more of the garden.

Laeryn pulled back towards the black rose bushes, he seemed so intrigued by them

Laena looked down at her little boy, who was so intrigued by the bushes full of black roses. She smiled sweetly as she picked some of the roses.

"They really are beautiful," she repeated.

She then smiled at Laeryn and held out the roses for him.

"Do you want some black roses, my sweet angel?" she asked him gently.

"I'll give you some if you want!" she said sweetly and gave him a playful wink.

Laeryn nodded and looked back at the roses
"Yes" he said softly

Laena smiled as she saw Laeryn nod. She was happy to give him some black roses that he had admired. She carefully took a few roses from the bushes and gave them to her son.

"Here, my little angel," she said to him. "I hope you like these black roses."

Laena handed him the roses with a sweet smile on her face, hoping to make him a little happier.

Laeryn's demeanour changed when he was given the roses, he lit up and looked wide eyed at the roses, his little smile gleaming

Laena laughed a little as she saw Laeryn light up and look wide eyed at the roses that she gave him.

"Do you like them?" she asked him. "You seem to like these roses very much."

Laena was happy to see her little angel smile and look so happy. She had only picked the black roses to make him happy, and she was glad that her mission had succeeded.

"They're beautiful, aren't they?" she repeated, and gave her son a little kiss on his forehead.

Laeryn nodded
"Thank you mommy" he rested his head on her shoulder

Laena smiled as Laeryn rested his head on her shoulder as he thanked her. It was such a sweet moment for the mother and son duo.

"You're welcome," she said to Laeryn. "I'm so happy to see you smiling, my sweet prince."

Laena then looked at Laeryn and continued to walk around the garden with him all cozy in her arms.