Chapter 12 - Blackmail

Ariana's POV

I curled deeper into my blankets as I heard someone knock on my door. Reluctantly, I cracked my eyes open. "What could you possibly want so early in the morning?" I asked, attempting to adjust my eyes to the light that filled the room. Only one person had enough nerve to wake me up. Even Harry knows better than to do that, but I guess some never learn.

"Morning?! What are you talking about? It after 12pm! Technically it's the afternoon." Louis informed me through the door. I instantly shot up from my bed into a sitting position.

"What?! How did that happen?"

"You must have been pretty tired. Last night was pretty crazy. Can I come in?" Louis asked, still yelling through the door.

"Sure." I replied, still a bit groggy. I almost forgot about last night. Less than 24 hours ago, I had been performing at the Grammys. It's things like that, that make you change your perspective of life.

"I can't believe you're still in bed. Actually I can, but that's not why I'm here." Louis muttered.

"Then why are you here?" I asked, slightly annoyed by his energetic presence when I was still half-asleep.

"I wanted to make sure you are still coming to our concert tonight." Louis answered very matter of factly, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. I completely forgot that they had a concert tonight.

"Of course I'm coming! What would make you think otherwise?"

"I don't know? Maybe the fact that you're still in bed!" Louis sassed me, "We have to leave pretty soon for sound check."

"Fine. Fine. Just get out of my room so I can get ready." And with that he finally left. It's not that I'm mad him specifically, it's just that I'm mad at everyone right after I have just woken up. As much as I wanted to crawl back under my blankets into the warmth, I knew I had to get ready, so I got up and walked to my bathroom to take a shower.

After my shower I finished off my bathroom routine, which consisted of washing my face, and putting on light make-up. I don't really like to put on a lot of make-up, so I only put on some foundation and concealer, just enough to cover up a few spots. I checked the clock, and rapidly went to my closet to pick out an outfit that I was happy with.

In what seemed like no time at all, an hour had passed and I was finally walking down the stairs. Shortly afterwards, Paul arrived, and drove us to the venue.

"I have good news and bad news." Paul told us as he drove, "What do you guys want to hear first?"

Half of us said "good," while the rest said "bad." I personally like to hear the bad news first, but in the end the people who wanted the good news won. "The good news is that you boys have a sold out show tonight." Everyone in the car cheered in excitement at this news.

"But what's the bad news?" Niall asked.

"The bad news is that we were unable to get Ariana or Eleanor a ticket, so they will have to watch from the side."

"That's not too bad of news. At least we still get to see it, even if it would have been fun to converse with the crazy fangirls." I said optimistically. Plus, this way I didn't have to worry about somehow being recognized.

When we arrived at the venue, the boys almost immediately went to their sound check because we were running a bit late. It was probably my fault because I slept so late. During the sound check I got to sit in the audience because it was empty. Sooner than expected, I was ushered backstage before all of the Directioners came in.

About 45 minutes into their set, I felt my stomach growl. I knew I should have eaten more before it started. I decided it wouldn't be horrible if I missed just one song to grab a sandwich off the buffet table in the dressing room.