Chapter 7 - His arrival

The next morning, after Corey's protest in the bathroom, the morning routines had continued as usual

The next morning, after Corey's protest in the bathroom, the morning routines had continued as usual. Except this time, they had places to be, experiments and presentations to attend to around the research centre.

All the newbies that arrived only a couple days before, had all been escorted to the same place. A small lab, not in the direction of group c, thankfully they would be alive after their visit. Tah'lia was once again with them, this time only in her original form, her voice once again coming from the device on her forearm. And of course, so followed a couple of Tarri'um guards.

Another scientist looking alien, very similar to Tah'lia had joined them. Rather than a desaturated purple, this one was a bright teal. The bright colour was hard to look at considering most of the things they had been around were more muted colours. Even the crayons were never this bright. 

"A piece of your DNA is going to be taken from the base of your necks. Do not worry, the needle is very thin, and we are very precise." Tah'lia had tried to reassure.

Stephen had fainted at the sight of the three-inch needle, much thinner than any stick of graphite. Mirielle had always had a strong stomach for needles, sure they hurt for a bit, but they never left her with any permanent injury. But this needle was different, not so much the actual needle, but who was behind it. Or rather, what was behind it. An unknown alien.

"And what is this for?" Genevieve bravely asked.

"To get samples of your Delta-three Hormones to show the prince and his escorts." The new, teal, alien had blankly informed.

Tah'lia beside the other alien shook her head, "I had hoped to tell you all that later today, all together, so you could all look presentable."

Mirielle was very confused by her logic, finding that she had been that a lot recently, confused. The needles had stung, but thankfully they had all come out fine. The base of their necks turned out to be more around the side nape, where there was more muscle than a precious spinal cord.

Tah'lia had made a big deal about the prince arriving that night. She had actually stayed with them longer that night, ranting about his majesty this, his majesty that.

Night had come and gone. Mirielle found out that there was no real, 'night' or 'day', instead they just had the humans on a twenty four hour schedule to mimic their routines on earth. That the whole reason they weren't killed, the reason they got the luxury they did, was in order to examine and observe their psychology and farm Delta-three. Which happened once every seven lots of twenty four hour cycles, simply put, once a week. Once a week they would have their blood extracted from their napes, which would have the Delta-three strain extracted.

"What would it be called on earth?" Mirielle had asked Taylor, who she learnt had been a nurse on earth prior to the invasion and their captivity.

"Considering how advanced their technology is? I doubt we ever found it in ourselves." Taylor had explained, pondering it themselves.

Tah'lia stood in the main room, all the humans had cleaned themselves to a proper standard. Something we'll requested by Tah'lia. Their hair either neatly styled or pulled into pony tails. Fresh sets of clothes, and even what Mirielle assumed was like concealer, to cover any blemishes, imperfections or scars in visible view of their bodies. Mirielle even put effort into parting straight her brunette hair, usually she'd brush it and let it part naturally. She has no clue why she put effort in today for a prince, was it his title? Tah'lia's nit picking? Everyone else sorting themselves to be proper? She'll never really know.

Any intelligent enough life in group D had been escorted into the main dome of the research centre. The dome space had newly hanged banners castigating down it's walls. A large, three dimensional sculpture of a strange geometrical symbol was projected in the centre, under the skeleton.  It looked barren of the usual hurry of scientists and museum goers. Purples, oranges and golds bombard the space more than usual.

All lined up, one by one, captive by captive. Tarri'um guards between all of them, even lining the halls. They all had been placed against the wall, hands cuffed in front of them. The end humans had almost been shoulder to shoulder with some fur feasted aliens and water blobs on the other. If you looked long enough, you'd be able to see an array of organs floating around in their slurry of slug.

The humans were among some of the first to arrive, being in the utmost middle of the wall between corridors. Mirielle had notice that unlike before, when they entered, there was that same shimmer as when she entered the booth of the presentation. They were all able to understand everything that was said within the dome.

Everyone, alien and human, against the walls of the dome, were all in the same predicament. Captives of a mercifulness race of assholes.

Then once the last group of aliens had been placed neatly against the wall, in a rather hurried fashion. A sound came from speakers along the walls. A record of rhythmic booming drums, a dramatic flurry. Mirielle could have sworn that she could hear a hundred racing heart beats fill the room. Aroused by excitement or anxiousness. Her own heartbeat being the loudest in her ears. It felt like her heart had bounced to her throat, and her stomach to the floor. Thumbs fiddled with thumbs.

The last seismic beat of the drum halted. The brief silence was louder than anything else, then a voice announced through the speaker.

"Welcome, his majesty, Second Prince of the Tarri'um Empire, Radi'um Morax Nebulon Tarri'ummaxum."

In entered someone Mirielle wished she'd never met.

Someone who changed the course of her life more than an invasion on her home.