Chapter 3 || Getting Ready for the Fairytale Party (Part 1)

"So each of the districts got their own floor and because you're from 12, you get the penthouse!" Effie said cheerfully.

Effie showed Katniss and Peeta around.

"Why don't you go clean yourselves up a little before you have to go to the party?" Effie said.

The two tributes cleaned themselves up. Valerie came into Katniss's room with a dress and some other accessories.

"Cinna told me to give these to you. He's a little busy right now, but I can get you dressed," Valerie said.

"Do you know who all is coming?" Katniss asked.

"I do! I got the invitation list from my friend, Elizabeth. She's such a lovely girl...anyway, you want to know the other district kids who are coming, right?" Valerie said with a smile.

"Yes...if you don't mind.." Katniss said.

Valerie was getting Katniss dressed.

"All of my siblings; Felix, Emma, Leona and Theodore were invited. Jewels was invited, but I didn't see Primrose's name," Valerie said.

"Okay..." Katniss said.

"Haymitch's son, Oliver, is coming," Valerie said.

"Haymitch has a son?" Katniss asked.

"Yep! My sister's best friend, Parker is coming. He's from District 9," Valerie said.

"Got it," Katniss said.

"Anastasia Stark and Claudette Valentina are from District 1. You need to watch out for them. They are your...classic mean girls..." Valerie said.

"I'll remember that..." Katniss said.

"Athena and Aaron Wilson from District 2. They are really strong and good in combat. I hear that they are staying in the Capitol for a little while, maybe you and Peeta can get their help. They are old friends of mine," Valerie said.

"You have a lot of old friends..." Katniss said.

"Archie Harrison from District 3. He's a literal genius! He's a sweet kid..." Valerie giggled.

Valerie was doing Katniss's hair.

"Penelope Trinket and Leo Odair are coming. Leo lives in the Capitol and is friends with Ethan. He's the brother of Finnick Odair...you know...an old victor. Penny is Effie's daughter! They are both from District 4," Valerie said.

"Wow..." Katniss was amused at how good Valerie's memory seemed to be.

"Lola Aurantius and Salem Kuromi. They are best friends from District 5," Valerie said.

"They sound inviting..." Katniss said sarcastically.

"Cooper Naomi from District 6. You already met him on the train, but he's super friendly," Valerie said.

"He seemed a little quiet on the train," Katniss said.

"He was tired," Valerie started, "Hazel Danksworth from District 7. She's pretty nice.." she finished.