Getting Away

Sitting right across from a man she's sure she's never seen before. Or so she thought. She was sitting in the living room, Eren had joined her, Kuchel was standing and Levi was beside her.

"So, who the hell beat your asses?" Kenny asked looking at Eren and Mikasa.

"Mikasa what did happen?" Kuchel asked. "You still haven't explained that. All you said is that a doctor at the hospital checked you out."

"Well.." Mikasa said keeping her eyes on her uncle. "I'll talk more about it when we're alone." She said turning to her Aunt. Kuchel nodded, everyone turned to Kenny when he started laughing. "No need to be so secretive, we're all family here aside from your frat boy here." Kenny said.

"His name is Eren." Mikasa said looking at him. "And I don't know you." She definitely couldn't remember, she didn't even see him at her parent's funeral.

"Well I know all about you. My little brother was adamant on sending letters to me about everything happening in his life." Kenny said.

"Sending letters?" Mikasa asked.

"I was locked up. My sweet sister and her runt of a son traveled all the way to pick me up, I got out yesterday."

"What? That's why you were gone? Why didn't you just tell me?" Mikasa asked looking at Levi and her Aunt.

"Yes, I got the phone call and he's my brother I couldn't leave him hanging alone."

"I wouldn't have minded leaving his ass." Levi huffed.

"Why jail? Why were you there?" Mikasa asked turning back to Kenny.

"Eh, a robbery here or there will give you time behind bars." Kenny shrugged. "It was a hell, but I guess I've been a good boy and learned my lesson." He said looking at Mikasa. "You can stop looking at me so quizzically niecey. Uncle Kenny won't bite." Kenny said chuckling looking at Mikasa who rolled her eyes.

"Mikasa, Kenny is me and your father's older brother. Despite how he looks, he took very good care of us as we got older once our parents weren't able, he had some hiccups down the road but now he's going to do better, Right?" Kuchel said looking at her brother.

"No promises baby sister." Kenny said. "Where's my room?" He asked.

"You'll bunk with Levi, he has a futon out for you." Kuchel said.

"And don't fuck up my room." Levi said.

"Oh hush runt, I won't mess up your sacred palace of cleanliness." Kenny said.

"I think I'm going to head home Mika." Eren said as she looked at him. "Why?" She asked.

"My Mom just texted me. I might as well get ready for the scolding she's going to give me when she see's my face this go round." He said chuckling.

Mikasa pouted while looking at Eren. She didn't want him to leave, she felt safer with him around. "Awww, don't won't your little boyfriend to leave?" Kenny teased as they both looked at him. Mikasa narrowed her eyes. She didn't trust her uncle. He seemed like a dick.

"I'm coming with you." Mikasa said looking back at Eren.

"You need to rest Mikasa." He said

"I can rest with you.. please?" Mikasa pleaded almost.

"Mikasa we were thinking of having dinner tonight as a family you don't want to join us?" Kuchel asked.

"We can have dinner another time right?" She asked. "I'm going with Eren."