Love Day

"Yes Auntie I was able to do everything I needed." Mikasa said as her Aunt hugged her tightly. She had just made it home, Eren dropped her off and helped her bring things inside and quickly bid her a goodbye so he could drop Armin off and see his family.

Their trip went just as planned, they did everything she needed to do and did everything they wanted to do. She and the guys placed fresh flowers on her parents graves, she sat and she talked to them for a while and prayed at their graves.

When they tried going back to her old house, a police officer was waiting outside, apparently someone had tipped them off saying some teens had broken in a few hours prior to them coming back. The officer quickly recognized Mikasa and understood what happened since it was her.

He also updated her on the case of her parents that made her even more sick to her stomach than she already was.

She was told that the people who were involved with her parent's murder were apart of a group of human traffickers. One of the men who was caught confessed to everything that happened last year. They were tipped off about the Azumabito clan being a wealthy family in Japan.

They found out Mikasa and her mother were descendants of the clan and the only two living in the states, so they were going to try to abduct both her and her mother that night, but since she wasn't home, and her parents put up a fight, they were killed.

Apparently they were going to find a way to get her Mother to contact the clan and ask for a ransom payment for their release, they wanted the highest amount of currency from Japan that could possibly turn into more once transferred into American currency.

It made her throw up in the bushes when she heard it. The officer explained that more tips were coming in about the traffickers and their whereabouts and that soon her parents will have the justice they deserve.

That made her happy in a way.

"I'm just glad you made it back safely sweetheart." Kuchel said pulling away smiling at Mikasa. "I brought somethings from home. There were boxes still packed in the house and I went through them.. I didn't get the chance to properly look through them before I moved." Mikasa said.

"What did you find?" Kuchel asked. "Some picture books, some of Mom's antiques from their room that wasn't broken, and some of my old baby clothes." Mikasa said.

"Oh really? I didn't know they still kept those." Kuchel said.

"I didn't either.. but I guess it was an old box they had in their room that was dug out after the house was being investigated." Mikasa said. "Also, a cop there told me who did it. It was human traffickers who heard about my Mom's clan in Japan being wealthy and they came to our house to basically kidnap us but I wasn't there and since Mom and Dad put up a fight they were killed." Mikasa sighed.

"Oh God.. that's terrible. How do we know these people aren't still after you?" Kuchel asked.

"They've been arresting more of them, a member of the trafficking gang came out and confessed everything and is helping with the investigation to catch the others." Mikasa said. "They resign in my old city and they haven't gotten word of any activity like that in other nearby cities so they think it's a single city issue." Mikasa said. "My city was always peaceful nothing bad really happened there, but when my parents were killed the way they were, it was everywhere because it was rare for something like that to happen." Mikasa said.

"I get it. I hate that it all happened that way.. but I'm glad they're going to finally get proper justice, and maybe it can ease your mind a bit since they're catching everyone involved now." Kuchel said.