Detectives are Annoying

My body became heavier as I continued to run down the back ally ways of London city. It was dark, and the ground was still damp from an earlier rainfall. The sounds Shouting and hollering could be heard not too far behind me. Fear overwhelmed my body as The voices slowly grew closer.

I tried Sprinting faster, but my legs were at their limit. Each step become more painful than the last. and all my limbs wanted to Buckle down to the ground and give up. But the fear of being caught would nag at me, and tell me to keep moving forward.

So I did.

I took in a sharp breath and suddenly turned, jerking my body to go down a very narrow passage way between two buildings. I blinked to try clear my vision from the mist and noticed a Brick wall that was at the end of the Corridor. I panicked and looked around for any other way that I could possibly lose these bogeys that were hot on my tail.

I took a few more agonizing steps before a slim, black object caught my eye a few feet in front of me. " A ladder!" I breathed out.

My footfalls became slow as I approached the Metal rungs, And without any hesitation I jumped up To the bars and started to climb up as fast as my body would take me.

"Damn it! she's getting away! Quick get on the roof"

The group of four men that had been chasing me came to a stop as they gathered around the ladder and looked up at My body that was getting smaller as I went upward. One man started to Mutter something as he Pushed his way frustratingly past everyone and started to Make his way up the same ladder.

I clambered up onto the top of the Buildings rooftop and stopped on my hands and knee's attempting to catch my breath. 'Their going to catch me, I don't think I'll be able to run anymore.'

The sound of metal clinking against metal caught my attention.

'Why don't they give up!' I grunted in pain as I pushed my self up off the ground and stumbled a bit before I started running again.

The man who had climbed up the ladder after me finally made his way to the top as well and reached down to the waistband of his pants behind his back, Pulling out A silver Pistol. He aimed it at my head and pulled the trigger.

A loud booming noise resonated on the rooftops which made skid to a stop and crouch, while cover my head with my hands. 'I'm going to die here!' I turned around and saw the man was slowly approaching me, still holding the gun to my head.

His breathing erratic, just like my own.

"Don't move, or this rooftop will be decorated with your Blood." He huffed out with a smirk. "Now stand up" He jerked his gun in a quick upwards motion.

I sat there for a moment, trying to contemplate on what to do next. Fear froze me right there on the spot. Panic over took my whole being.

The man standing over me growled a bit before he reared the gun back and used it as a Blunt weapon again the side of my head.

Sheering pain shot through my skull as I fell over onto the wet, concrete rooftop. My vision went Blurry with speckles of Black and silver covering my eyesight. I felt my hair Get pulled upwards making me prop myself up on my elbows in attempts to elevate any pain. I clinched my eyes shut, not wanted to look at the attacker.

"detectives are extremely annoying...especially in my line of work. And this is the second time We've chased you down this month. And last time you got away, but this time...I don't think your going to be so lucky."

His grip tightened around my hair as he Jerked my head back down to the ground and proceed to kicked my straight in the stomach. A cry of pain escaped my lips as I curled into a small ball, crossing my arms over my stomach. the edges of my vision started to blur and turn black as he pulled the gun to my head once more. "now say goodbye"

"goodbye"