Kiss You

Changbin was already in love. He was only seventeen, granted, and he'd only met the boy yesterday, true, but did any of that matter, when Lee Felix was the only thing on his mind?

'I wonder if Wooyoung will get alcohol poisoning one of these days,' Chan was saying, but Changbin wasn't really listening.

Chan had been in a strange mood since the party last night, and Changbin couldn't work out what it was. Nobody had gotten much sleep last night, and the drama had been plentiful. After he'd kissed Felix, he'd gotten the bus with him to take him home, kissing him all the while, and kissed him again on his doorstep, and by the time he'd gotten back to Wooyoung's house, shit had hit the fan.

Wooyoung had been eye-fucking Chaeyeong all night, and then they'd started making out, and when Changbin got back Wooyoung had taken her up to his room--the same room he'd kissed Felix in like forty minutes ago, might he add--to fuck her. They'd come downstairs a little while after, flushed and messy-haired, Wooyoung sporting a hickey and Chaeyeong clenching her thighs.

San had gotten up and left without a word; then Hyunjin had finally noticed Jisung wasn't there anymore; then Chan asked where Felix had gone, even though he'd pointedly ignored him all night, which Changbin still didnt understand; Seonghwa and Hongjoong were still on the sofa in the corner, Hongjoong straddling Seonghwa, blanket wrapped around them, cheeks flushed and Hongjoong squirming. Changbin had tried very hard not to notice them last night, having a very strong disinterest in knowing what they were doing, and the image of them in his head now made him scrunch his nose in disgust at what they were most definitely doing and most definitely not being subtle about.

Chan had seemed disinterested in Felix last night, only casually remarking on the naïvety involved to bring a complete stranger to your friend's party at their literal house (Minho had kicked him for that) when asked, and he still kept up the blasé attitude now. Changbin could understand not having an interest in a stranger that turned up to a house party, especially when Wooyoung invited people they didn't know more often than not. But since Felix has requested him on Instagram late last night, Changbin couldn't for the life of him figure out Chan's behaviour.

It had been gone midnight, and Felix had spam liked every one of Changbin's posts. While Changbin hadn’t been anywhere near as drunk as other people, he'd been tipsy enough that his phone screen was slightly blurry when he looked at it. How Felix managed to go through Instagram that wasted, he'd never know. But Changbin had spent this morning going through all of Felix's posts, nearly making himself late to meet Chan for their usual walk to school, and Changbin may or may not have most definitely noticed how nearly all of Felix's posts from several years ago featured Chan.

Felix and Chan in school uniforms, laughing together at what could only be a school field. Chan beaming as Felix blew out candles on his twelfth birthday. Felix and Chan dressed up for Halloween. Felix and Chan at a restaurant for Chan's thirteenth birthday. Felix and Chan at Bondi Beach, squinting at the camera in the bright sunlight. Chan with his arms around Felix at Felix's thirteenth birthday. Felix and Chan standing in swimming trunks, wet skin glistening, sporting bright smiles. Felix and Chan in matching Christmas T-shirts. Felix and Chan at the zoo for Chan's fourteenth. Felix and Chan in what looked like Felix's bedroom. Chan and Felix sharing ice cream at Felix's fourteenth. Felix and Chan roller skating. Felix hugging Chan tightly at Chan's fifteenth.

Then the last post of them together that had caught Changbin's eye the most: Felix and Chan in the back of a car, heads together, Felix cuddled into Chan's embrace. The caption read I think I'll miss you forever. It was dated two years ago, just a week after Chan turned fifteen.

Two years ago Chan had moved here.

Chan had made no sign of recognising Felix last night, although Changbin was certain now they'd known each other in Australia, the photos literal proof. Jisung had found it hilarious that the stranger he'd picked up on the street happened to be Australian just like Chan, but now Changbin wondered how much of it was coincidence. The Austrialian stranger knew Chan. Surely Felix coming here must have been slightly motivated by Chan being here? He wondered why Chan hadn't said anything. Even if one of the old friends that Changbin had fallen out with turned up again, he'd at the very least acknowledge them.