Little Things

Changbin was kissing and inconveniently not telling, San was avoiding Wooyoung, Minho was just as oblivious as usual to Jisung's rather obvious crush, and Lee fucking Felix, his Felix, was somehow in Korea and Chan was so, so stressed.

Okay, most of those problems were irritating, and not new. But since when did Changbin not tell everyone about his newest conquest? He was a lot like Wooyoung in the aspect of whoring around, and while Chan didn't necessarily agree with it, he respected them. The difference was, of course, that everyone knew Wooyoung didn't date (except for whatever the fuck this on and off thing with San was). That was what the girls at school found so alluring about him, some desire born from the depths of their knowledge that they couldn't really have him.

But Changbin? Changbin would date anyone who flirted with him. He ran through the people in their year (and even several in the year below) like he was changing socks. And yeah, Chan loved him. But Changbin had no real interest in the people he dated, and he dumped them quickly enough.

And Chan knew, he knew, that Changbin had left school early today to go meet up with his latest conquest. He also knew that Changbin had most definitely (at the very least) kissed someone at the party yesterday, and considering the improbability of him kissing one of their friends, narrowed it down to one of the newcomers: Chaeyeong, although Chan doubted Changbin and Wooyoung would share a girl, but that wasn't a guarantee; Lia; or Felix.

Felix and Changbin had disappeared together. Chan's stomach twisted. He really, really hoped Felix wasn't Changbin's latest conquest. Chan knew nothing about why Felix was here, when he'd turned up in Korea or how long he was here for, but he did know that seeing Felix yesterday had had him drinking more in one night than he had in his entire life.

He'd walked around school all day in a bleary haze, his temples throbbing and his throat parched, but at least it kept his mind off Felix, because Chan had replayed last night over and over until the alcohol had finally put him to sleep.

God, why couldn't the Felix from Australia Jisung had stupidly picked up just have been a coincidence? Why did it have to be Chan's Felix, the Felix he'd spent two years trying to get over and stop thinking about? Since when did Jisung even speak to strangers?

As much as Chan would have liked to blame Jisung for this, he knew it was his own fault. He'd ended his friendship with Felix, not very nicely. He'd avoided Felix last night, not particularly well, considering his eyes had tracked Felix's every move every moment he could see him.

Chan probably should have apologised. Perhaps if he had, if he'd tried to make amends, Felix wouldn't be Changbin's latest (potential) hook up. (If Changbin wanted to fuck Felix, Chan most definitely understood. He'd wanted to fuck Felix at the tender age of fifteen--Felix had only been fourteen, so it was implausible but whatever, the thought stands.) Chan scrunched his nose up. As much as he loved Felix, and as much as who Felix chose to mess around with was none of his business, the thought of Changbin's hands on Felix, of Changbin touching Felix the same way Chan wished to touch Felix, made Chan feel slightly nauseated. Okay, a lot nauseated. Very nauseated.

Which had a lot less to do with Changbin than it did Felix; from the moment he'd met him, Chan had thought of Felix as his, his to look after and worry about and comfort and hug. Chan had never been jealous of Felix's other friends, because Felix was his and he knew he was Felix's closest friend, his favourite friend. And if Chan had gotten older and started thinking about the shape of Felix's lips or the freckles on his hips or imagined knotting his fingers in that thick hair... Well, surely Chan had been allowed to indulge himself in such thoughts sometimes. And if those thoughts only intensified as he got older, even when he moved to Korea, that was for Chan to contemplate in the dark, not for Felix to ever know.