Chapter 4

That night wasn't any better either, Poppy was tossing and turning in her sleep, clearly having a terrible nightmare.
_________________

Poppy: Guys...?

The pop queen looked around at her surroundings, she was in the Troll forest at night, a full moon above her as the only source of light. She gasped when she heard a rustle and a group of bats flew by.

Poppy: Guys...? Are you out here?

No response, Poppy continued navigating her surroundings, for a minute, she thought she saw another troll. She quickly turned around but saw nothing. Okay, this was getting freaky. As Poppy continued to navigate, she suddenly saw the day of Trollstice when she and her friends all turned gray in the pot. Then she saw when Queen Barb captured her and took the pop string in another direction. She turned around again and saw when Viva refused to join her to save Floyd.

?: You failed, Queen Poppy, if you had been more decisive, none of these would've happened. You should've finished your adventures no matter the price you pay!

Poppy: W-Who's there?!

No answer.

Poppy: Show yourself! I'm warning you, I know hair-jitsu!

Nothing.

Poppy: ...Or if you're in the mood for a hug...hello?

Suddenly, Poppy spotted the incident from earlier when the stage caught on fire. The fire began to engulf everything in its way. Poppy covered her face as the fire surrounded her and began closing in on her. She began to hear ominous whispers.

You're a failure...

You never should've been queen...

Any other troll would've been better...

Happiness is nothing but an illusion...
_____________________

Poppy gasped waking up, drenched in sweat and out of breath. She looked around her bedroom, then at herself. Good, unscathed. She got out of her bed and looked at her reflection in her mirror.

Poppy: What's wrong with me...?

Suddenly, her reflection's expression changed on its own, it went from a scared expression to a malicious smile. Poppy gasped and rubbed her eyes.

Poppy: W-What?

The mirror image slammed its hand against the mirror knocking Poppy back a few feet, she slammed against her wall and rubbed her head. She looked back up at her mirror and saw her reflection let out a sinister laugh and slowly morphed into a different appearance, turning from bright pink to gray with black hair and wearing a red pendant. Poppy covered her mouth not knowing what was going on. Was she still dreaming?

Poppy: HELP!!!!!!!!!