Chapter 2 - Judgment Day Calls

The time had come to disappear. Over the weeks since the confrontation with Roman and Zarah, Seth and Dean had done all in their power to plan their move quickly and as quietly as possible, while also keeping Renee out of the firing line. As promised, Rhea and Dominik arrived, along with another the Judgment Day had since adopted into their little family unit, JD McDonagh. The three of them had caused a big enough distraction to keep Roman and his bloodline busy, Rhea even standing toe to toe with Siko, the muscle of the Bloodline. Corey had joined them, appearing from the shadows to offer assistance, then disappearing back into them when the job was done. A simple "I'll see you in Florida" were his parting words.

The night they had left the Chicago area, had been cold and clear, the moon drowned everything in a dim silvery glow. The streets were quiet as if the residents had been deterred from going out by the bitter winter cold. Seth had taken the larger trucker, while Dean and Renee took an inconspicuous car, an ordinary Volkswagen, dark blue in colour. The three members of the Judgment Day had stayed behind, ensuring to keep the office going for a few more days, at least to divert any suspicion and throw Roman and the Bloodline off for a little while, along with any other enemies Dean and Seth may have picked up over the years.

Seth, Dean, and Renee agreed to meet at set rendevous at different points throughout the 18-hour drive. Corey had informed them of someone meeting them at the first rendevous, as well as AJ and the OC, meeting them at the last one to guide them to a safe house set up for them, at least until they got on their feet and settled in their new home.

"Everything went off without a hitch here" spoke JD, his phone on loudspeaker, to ensure both Dominik and Rhea could listen. Finn as usual asking for an update, no doubt with Damian nearby. "How's the Calaway Girls?" he asked, hoping to distract himself from the feeling of dread. Rhea looked out one window like a hawk, she'd stated they were being watched by Roman and his new toy, Zarah. Yet she also spoke of someone watching Roman, a blonde woman from across the street, she mostly concealed herself in the shadows. Dominik on the other hand had spotted Shane McMahon and Jinder Mahal some time ago, although it was unclear if they were there on their own or had something to do with the Samoan crimelord.

"Doing better than they were. Kane insisted all three move back home while they heal. He's got more protective, as has Crystal" started Finn, knowing his following words would only add to their troubles. "Looks like Mark is finally taking notice of Victory, although she's not as open to him as he thought she would be" he continued, knowing Mark being around would make it more difficult to keep watch on the three women. Even more so when he and Kane got into another argument regarding Victory.

"I take it he's not overly fond of those he didn't personally hire being around the dark princess?" commented Rhea from her spot near the window, she hadn't taken her eyes off Roman on the sidewalk below. If she did then it was to glance at the mystery blonde also keeping watch on the Samoan crimelord. A small chuckle escaped her, black-painted lips at the thought of Victory putting the man claiming to be her father in his place. All who had met Victory knew she considered Kane her dad, as much as Crystal was her mom and Summer and Emma were her sisters.

"Crystal vetoed it. Made sure Damian, Aleister, and myself are still around her girls" replied the Irishman, recalling the petite greying blonde making it clear she was the one with the power. Her decision was final. No one but those she approved would be protecting her daughters. The protective mother hadn't given Mark or Michelle any details regarding the three in charge of protection, instead, she simply said they were the best and her girls were comfortable with them being there.

"Said Princess is being a nightmare right now" stated Damian, his deep voice ringing through the quiet apartment, the trio of JD, Rhea, and Dominik were held up in. Finn's amused laughter followed his partner's words, along with a comment regarding Summer being far easier to watch. The leggy blonde had made his job easier by incorporating him into her little contact circle.