Two

Elliot, Chloe and now Briar, sit at a lunch table in a secluded area of the cafeteria.
"So tell us about yourself" Elliot says while opening his chicken Caesar salad and swirling in the sauce.
Briar looks nervous, causing her normally emerald green coloured eyes to change to a lilac colour.
She looks down shyly and Elliot and Chloe exchange glances, as if to say "did you see that?"
Chloe nods and Elliot pipes up.
"It's okay, there's no rush. How about starting with your name and where you come from?"
"Briar" she says quietly and starts to look up.
"That's a lovely name" Elliot says, flashing a smile
"I come from a place very far away. It's called Atlanta Plains. It's not a very big town. Kind of like here"
They both nod willing her to go on.
"In Atlanta Plains everyone is named by nature or force. So my full name is Briar Rose Evans. And my best friend back there was Autumn Gale Carr"
"That's so cool"
Briar looked down again and Chloe assumed she was homesick, so said nothing more to her.
But Briar spoke up again.
"I miss Atlanta Plains"
Chloe immediately felt sorry for the girl as she knew what it was like to have to move halfway across the world, but luckily Chloe met Elliot, a scatterbrain if ever there was one.
The bell for class rang out and Briar got up quickly.
"What class do you have now?" Elliot asks
"Math room 10"
"Your with me"
Chloe ran along to English, trusting Elliot to take care of Briar.

Authors note: so this is going well, there will be a climax soon!