Chapter 10 (Part 2/2)

Proofread by giuls18_

* * * * * *

As soon as Babe finished speaking the atmosphere seemed very quiet. Charlie stood so stiff that he didn't even dare to breathe, because all the eyes staring at him made him very nervous. But a few moments later, continued with a friendly greeting. This was an image that Charlie had never thought of at all.

"Hey... / Hello..."

"Usually I only see you wearing a mask. This is the first time I've seen your face in person."

"Oh, he's handsome."

"Make yourself comfortable, kid!"

The unexpected welcome from everyone made Charlie feel like he could breathe more easily. He thought that everyone would be more rude and suspicious of him. He didn't know whether this was normal behavior for everyone or because Babe said it? He himself didn't know either. But until then, so be it. He just hoped he didn't feel left out and that this kind of welcome was considered very kind.

"Actually, there are many more in the team. But the ones here are the ones who are active right now." Babe turned to explain to Charlie. He quickly started introducing each member, "This guy is called Dean, next to him is Jay, the one in the white shirt is called Yoshi, next to him is North. Sonic, you met him outside. Then Way, you already know him."

"..."

"And lastly, Alan, he is—"

"Captain!"

Charlie, who had been quiet from the start, suddenly burst into excitement, making everyone turn to look at the young man with confused eyes, before they burst out laughing at the new kid's stupid excitement.

"You know me?" Alan laughed, pleased to see Charlie looking animated when Babe talked about him.

"I know, you're the captain of Team X. Your circuit racing record is very high" Charlie answered enthusiastically. Babe was surprised that the boy knew other racers besides him. He thought he was the only racer he liked. "You were the one who brought P'Babe into the team and taught him how to drive. The car that P'Babe used to race to become King in his first year was also your car."

Everyone's eyes widened at the dense information Charlie conveyed, before laughing happily. It seems that his bookish attitude is very popular with everyone. That bodes well for Charlie to begin with.

"Even if you are my fan club that doesn't mean I would easily accept you on my team, you know" Alan said casually, but Charlie could feel the admiration of other people. Seeing this, he didn't think it was strange at all if Alan had been the captain of Team years. "After all, you have to take tests like everyone else. Even if you are still small, I am not being gentle with you."

"Yes, I took the test according to procedure."

Charlie's determined attitude seems to please Alan and the rest of the team quite a bit, although when Babe first comes to talk to everyone about Charlie, most of the team seems to disapprove. But because he tried to convince everyone and promised to make Charlie pass the test, they were able to open up more. In fact, he hoped that Charlie himself would be able to make everyone see his abilities as he had promised on his own behalf.

After Charlie greeted the team members, after that all there was to do was have fun because today everyone intended to relax instead of talking about serious things that would make your brain hurt. As a result, new kids like Charlie are drawn to sit in the middle of the circle waiting to be asked questions that make everyone curious. Whether it's personal problems that Charlie sometimes answers, sometimes it's about car racing or even about the relationship with Babe which everyone seems to be very interested in.