I'm Here for You

Summary - Some lines from 6x07 are original. All rights to respective owners. This is my own take of 6x07 a little bit of the hospital scene and after those 3 days are over and Maya goes home with Carina.

Carina's POV:

"If you're not gonna stay on your own, we'll place you on a 72 hour hold." I tell Maya as a tear falls from my cheek.

"You're 5150-ing me?" Maya asks.

"Yes," I replied.

"No, I'm... I'm fine. I'm fine. I feel fine, okay? Let me go home. We can figure this out at home" Maya slowly starts to panic.

"No, Maya no." I reply with my stern voice. I take a breath and continue, "You can scream, punch and yell at me but I'm not letting you leave this hospital. You're sick and not well. You're overworking and you can't help your team because you're exhausted. The thought of you running into a burning building right now terrifies me because you could collapse at any second." At this point my voice is breaking and tears are streaming down my face.

"Carina, babe, it's not that serious, I'm fine! I am a perfectly competent and capable person of making my own decisions" She raises her voice a little.

"If I take you home you will just shut me out and pretend like everything is fine. And we will continue to fight. This is me helping you and making you take a step back to realize that you are not okay. I will see you in 3 days." I lean down and softly kiss Maya's forehead before making my way to the door.

"No stop! If you walk out that door we're done. Do you hear me?" Maya yells.

I stop in my tracks but don't turn around, "This isn't love support or love." Maya continues.

"But it is my support and love, I'm doing what's best for you because you're unwell and refuse to see it. You won a gold olympic medal on a sprained ankle because you were afraid of the way your dad would emotionally abuse you if you lost. Take these next 3 days to rest and slow down and to think about everything. But I will tell you that we are not done because we vowed to be there for each other through the good and the bad."

I walk out the door and cover my ears as I hear Maya screaming for me, "Carina no! Please don't leave me."

I slide down against the wall and hug my knees to my chest.

Teddy's POV:

Maya tries to get up but I stop her, "You're not well Maya, you need to rest." I tell her softly.

"Why did she do this to me? How is this her love and support?" Maya asks, a tear streaming down her face.

"What if you were the one who found Carina laying on the floor next to a treadmill and she tried to leave the hospital bed? Would you let her or would you make her stay to get better?"

"I-" She goes to speak but stops, "I don't want her to pick me up in three days, I need time away from her."

"You can't be alone, you're lucky that you only sprained your ankle and have a mild concussion. Carina has to look after you whether you like it or not."

I put a sedation medicine through her IV before leaving the room.

Maya's POV:

Day 1

I woke up the next morning and regretted opening my eyes because of the fluorescent hospital lights. I groan and my mind wanders to yesterday when my wife 5150'd me. I can't believe she thinks keeping me on a 72 hour hold is her love and support. I think what hurts the most is that she brought up my da- Lane emotionally abusing me. When she was grieving her brother I was patient and supportive and loving. 5150-ing me isn't love or support.