Chapter 22

Asahi glared at Y/n who stared down at him, the both of them silent as chaos continued to transpire around them.

"Kill you say? I'm surprised that hasn't happened." Asahi scoffed as he got up on his feet, wiping his sleeve over his mouth.

"Asahi. When are you gonna get your head outta your ass? I know you. You don't want to fight Toman or me! Just why are you in Tenjiku to begin with?! On several occasions, you claimed to hate gangs who spread nothing but violence and immoral ideas! At this rate, you're participating in it!" Y/n grit her teeth.

"Things change. I'm not who you think I am. I'm Ogawa Asahi, executive of Tenjiku and one of the many who dedicated his life to Kurokawa Izana. As an executive, it's my job to beat you and Toman down." Asahi spoke, coldly staring at the girl.

'Is there really no hope...? Asahi's not budging. Man...Why'd this have to happen? Was there anything at all I could've done to avoid this outcome...?' Y/n thought, pursing her lips as a hint of sadness reflected in her eyes.

"What? You've got nothing to say?" Asahi hummed, walking towards her and gripping the collar of her uniform.

"You really weren't anything to me, Y/n. You're only saying that I don't want this because it's how you feel. You're the one who doesn't have the resolve to fight me. I've said it before and you yourself have told yourself it. You're not Mikey. You're not Emma. You're not Shinichiro. You're just the sister of Sano Manjiro and Sano Shinichiro, the one who will always live in their shadows and be a poor reflection of who they are."

Y/n blankly stared at him before she tightly shut her eyes, the boy's fist sending her back into the crowd of people.

"Huh? Y/n!" Chifuyu gasped, kneeling beside her.

"...I'm fine." Y/n mumbled, sitting up as blood dripped from her face to the ground.

"You're clearly not." Chifuyu deadpanned.

Y/n squinted her eyes before whining, "Man...This sucks! Why am I a bad fighter?! It's not fair!"

"There there." Chifuyu sighed, patting her back.

"What a sight. Toman's acting leader is so embarrassing and can't even keep her image up." Asahi said, walking over while rubbing the back of his head.

Just then, his eyes shifted to the side and he grew surprised at the sight. All of the executives were laying on the ground. The Haitani brothers, Mochi, and Mucho.

"What the-?" Asahi muttered.

"Eh? When did that happen?" Y/n gaped as she stood.

"Were you that distracted? It happened just now. Angry took them out." Chifuyu said, gesturing to the boy who stood with tears in his eyes.

"He's crazy strong!" Takemichi commented as he slightly gulped.

"Ah...! Smiley mentioned this to me once or twice before. The Blue Ogre!" Y/n snapped her fingers.

"What kind of bullshit is this?" Asahi muttered as he grit his teeth.

"Takemitchy. Y/n." Angry said, looking at the pair who stood at the side.

"This fight is in our hands." He said as they all lined up.

Takemichi aided Hakkai who could barely stand, Y/n held her arm around Chifuyu's shoulders, and Inui walked forward.

"Nice job everybody." Y/n said.

"Hey, careful! You're gonna get blood on me." Chifuyu gawked as he nudged the girl's face away.