Chapter 23

~1995~

Y/n panted as she slumped against the wall, watching as Mikey, Baji, and Emma ran around the dojo.

"Haha! N/n's already given up!" Mikey laughed.

"No...! I'm just catching my breath! But I'm fine! I can still play!" Y/n insisted as she stumbled up.

"Psh! No way! You already lost!" Baji snorted.

"Hehe! Even I managed to last longer!" Emma grinned as she wiped away the sweat on her forehead.

"Hmph..." Y/n frowned as she crossed her arms, back against the wall.

The trio resumed the game and Y/n watched for a while before saying she was going to get water. Leaving the dojo, the laughs of the others echoed around as she walked down the hall, hands in her pockets.

She soon arrived to the kitchen and as she drank a glass of water...

"Hm?" Y/n blinked, watching as Shinichiro 'secretly' tiptoed past the doorway.

Y/n placed her cup down and peeked out of the doorway, staring at Shinichiro who was putting on his shoes and looking around a bit anxiously.

'Weirdo. What's he doing?' Y/n thought, walking to the doorway after he exited and quickly putting on her shoes.

The girl then ran out of the house and let out a sigh of relief to see Shinichiro pushing his bike towards the road.

"Shinichiro!" Y/n called out as she ran towards him.

"Eek-! N/n?!" Shinichiro yelped as he almost tripped.

"Where are you going? You were acting super suspicious, creeping around the house. Are you hiding something from Gramps? Did you get into trouble?" Y/n asked, looking up at him.

"So you saw that..." Shinichiro mumbled.

"Well, there is something I'm keeping quiet about, but it's nothing bad! I promise! Just a bit of a complicated situation." He claimed.

"Hmm..." Y/n stared in confusion.

"So, yeah...Um...Are you going to go back with the others or...?" Shinichiro awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Hmm...Nope. Shinichiro, can I please please go with you? Please!" Y/n said as she clung to his leg, staring up at him with a pout.

"Eh-?" Shinichiro blinked.

"I promise I'll be good! Can you take me with you?" Y/n pleaded.

"Uhh...Well...I don't know..." Shinichiro mumbled before his eyes slightly widened.

"Actually..." He started. "Sure! I'll take you with me. However! You have to promise you won't say a word about this to Mikey, Emma, or Gramps. No one. Okay?"

"I promise!" Y/n nodded, her eyes slightly shining.

'So I have to keep quiet about this? A secret between me and Shin only...I have to keep this a secret! Shinichiro trusts me and not anyone else!' She thought.

Shinichiro helped Y/n onto the bike and secured a helmet on her head before speeding down the road. Y/n's arms were wrapped around his waist as she looked around in amazement, enjoying the wind that blew in her direction.

"Hey, Shin." Y/n said.

"Yeah?" Shinichiro hummed.

"Can you teach me to ride a bike one day? It just seems so cool!" Y/n said.

"Haha, really? Well, I don't see why not. So sure. I'll teach ya' one day!" Shinichiro grinned.

Y/n smiled widely.