The case cracks wide open

(AN: *insert obligatory joke about ukelele apology here* no but seriously, I know I wonked up and didn't write for... several months now, but here's me making it up to you. I'd love to ramble more, but I know you'd prefer I just cut to the chase, so here you go, 3rd to last chapter, hopefully I can get this done by Sunday...)

(AN: Oh yeah, and I'm working from the app and not the site anymore so I have full control over the fonts now!)

Trap had to stand outside for fear of whatever happened with Nicky happening again...

"Alright, Polly," Thea began "Before we begin our questioning, we have a very crucial piece of evidence!"

"You do?" Polly asked

"We do?" I asked as well.

"The fur, remember?" Thea whispered.

"Oh! Right!" I whispered back. "Yes, we found a clump of grey fur at the scene of the crime"

"Now, I don't wanna be too accusatory... but did you, or do you, have anything you wish to say...?"

Did I ever tell you my sister is VERY intimidating...? She could convince a baby mouse to stop crying just by looking at them!

Paulina held her ground, and she looked almost smug.

"Is that all you have? I'd like to see this so-called "evidence" you have..."

Thea pulled out the clump of fur from her pocket and SLAMMED it on the table.

"There! Right there!"

Paulina shook her head "This fur is a much lighter and less brown shade than mine! So therefore it can't be mine!"

"She has a point..." I mumbled in Thea's general direction.

Thea sighed "If that's the case, then have you EVER entered Room 4-D for any reason other than to use it as a chemistry lab?"

"Nonesense!" Paulina laughed "Check the security feed for yourself!"

"R-right now?" I stammered "But we're in the middle of-"

"Challenge accepted!" Thea proclaimed, I didn't even bother to continue protesting...

If there's one thing I know about my sister, she NEVER backs down from a challenge...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Thea and I entered the security room (again, Trap was told to stand outside) we quickly went through all the security footage for Room 4-D, dating back to several weeks, to even months ago!

"Hmmm..." Thea hummed "Well, I'm not seeing anything or anyone suspiscious..."

As she clicked through all the videos, we could see the cheese doubling in size, but no one was visible...

In fact... no one had entered the room since the cheese NEARLY CONSUMED HALF THE DESK.

I felt like I'd never look at cheese the same way again... did I mention I have a weak stomach?

I was just about to excuse myself to vomit when I noticed something...

No one had entered the room at all... and the clock on the wall...

WASN'T MOVING!

"ENHANCE!" I yelled without thinking.

Thea looked at me like I sprouted another tail... "what?"

"I-I mean... zoom in on the clock"

Thea shrugged and did so, that's when we BOTH saw something that shocked us!

The big hand would click once, click another time, and then immediatley go back as if it didn't click at all!

It was almost like the video was... looping...

"B-but how..." I stammered.

"If anyone's this good at covering their tracks with tech..." Thea thought aloud "It's Paulina..."

"Do you really think she's the culprit?" I asked as we began to leave.

"Not sure... but we'll have to keep an eye on her for the rest of the week"

Just before we could open the door, Trap SLAMMED it open!

"YOU GUYS!! YOU GUYS!!" He yelled... huffing and heaving... catching his breath.

"What is it?! What happened?!" Thea and I asked in unison.

"The... the daily... the daily rat is..."

"Is what?! IS WHAT?!" Thea yelled, shaking him.

"The Daily Rat is...

H

     E

         R

               E...."