ninth; victory

Niko walked a few steps farther than Kenny who was walking slowly, as it had always been. Niko felt so nervous, he hoped the date wouldn't be a disaster or he wouldn't make a fool of himself, but Niko knew even if he did, Kenny would just laugh anyways and it'll be one of the stories they could talk about in the future.

Before all of this love and romantics thing, Kenny is Niko's best friend first before any other. That kind of helped Niko calm down a little.

Niko looked back at Kenny.

"Ken?"

Kenny was lost in his own thoughts, he was so excited for this date just this morning with a little bit of nervousness. But now he's actually just heartbroken. How could Niko dare to smile at Kenny after all of that situation with Camila? Maybe Kenny's just thinking too much into this, but there's no turning back now.

Kenny had already been filled with doubt over all of this date thing, and all of what they had going on. As much as Kenny hated thinking about this, because he knew this was the first step to breaking a very important relationship he had cherished his whole life. The first step, doubt. He just couldn't help himself from thinking about it.

This was what Kenny hated most. Doubting Niko, and he never doubted nor have he ever questioned Niko until now. Until they confessed and planned to go on a date. Kenny tried to think about all of the possibilities that Niko was actually genuine about this.

But Niko had obvious chemistry with Camila on that date, and Kenny knew Niko's not that dumb to not realise, and in the end Niko also chose her. Knowing full well that he was going on a date with Kenny. It was supposed to be Kenny, not that girl.

Niko should be going on a date with Kenny. Not some random girls. Kenny understood it was for a video, but Niko could've at least acted or something.

"Ken?" Niko said again, the taller man noticed that Kenny was in really deep thought. Maybe he was just as nervous about this as Niko was, and that definitely helped Niko be a little more relaxed about this.

Kenny's train of thought snapped, and he looked at Niko.

"Yeah?" Kenny said, his voice cracked a little.

When Kenny looked at Niko, their eyes locked. And thank god Niko was raised right, because right then and there Niko wanted to just feel those lips on his. Kenny's eyes looked so innocent looking up at Niko, and to top it off Kenny was wearing Niko's coat and Kenny looked so small because of the larger size of the puffy coat.

Maybe Niko couldn't kiss him, because obviously they haven't even gone on the date yet. But Niko can touch him. So Niko wrapped his arm on Kenny's.

"I have a surprise, you know?"

"Already?" Kenny laughed. When Kenny felt Niko's warmth on him, he forgot just for a second about what he did.

Niko laughed, and Kenny saw his breath fogging up in the air. The weather was so cold because technically it's already winter even though there hasn't been any snow yet.

They walked at the same place, Niko still has his arms wrapped around Kenny.

The parking lot was empty, but there was one car. A black one, Kenny didn't know what type of car it was -he was never that much of a car person- but it's Audi, based on Kenny's knowledge about the logo.

He had never seen that type of car amongst his friends and the Beta squad team.

"I got a driver's licence, just for our date, so I can drive this time." Niko said, his eyes looking down at Kenny's who was still looking at the car. They were getting closer to the new car.