Chapter 10

~RICKY~

The other three men forced me to be on my knees as they rushed me punches in every part of my body till stupor, they took my pie and ice cream from me and trampled it under their feet.

After they had beaten me, Ladin said “Stay away from Sophia”.

My blood suddenly became cold and I began to shiver. Ladin never cared he continued “ Else your’s will be worst than Denison’s own”.

Immediately I had my confirmation that they were the ones that killed Denison……

One of the hoodlums wanted to shoot me, but at the serene of the police car, they began to run but still wanted to gun me down when a policeman shoot him….. The bullet met his left leg as he was unable to walk but the other two grabbed him, both carrying in each arm as they took to their heels following Ladin.

Shortly after, the police car arrived, and immediately some policemen came out inspecting my bruises and injuries as one of them picked up his walkie talkie having a conversation. Soonest, the ambulance arrived and took me to the hospital where I was first given first aid treatment before I was admitted.

I was given an injection which made me dizzy not knowing when I slept off.

~SOPHIA~

I was ready to receive my friends as soon as possible, I woke up so early even before my mother as I did the necessary house chores after which I began to prepare pasta with grilled chicken as breakfast.

Sophia, you woke up so early, today” Mum said

Yes mummy, am receiving my friends today so I have to do the needful before they arrive” I turned back facing mum as I replied.

Okay, let me go ‘and freshen up after which am gonna taste ma’ daughter’s meal” Mum said gaily as she turned to momoveeards the room, I smiled and then continued cooking.

Within a few minutes, I was done cooking so I went back to my room, after which I took a short bath and then went to my closet, picked a yellow sunny designed top and a colorful flower-designed blue jean skirt. I dressed and wended down to the mirror for the final dressing.

While in front of the mirror, I heard the pealing of the doorbell, I walked there briskly and opened the door.

Welcome guys, you came early” I said gaily as I ushered them in. but then, the only key to my heart is missing, my secret admirer wasn’t there. I asked of him but no one knew his whereabouts.

A few hours ago told me that he was on his way but I was surprised that he wasn’t there.

I picked up my phone and tried his number, but it was picked up by a doctor who informed us about Ricky’s present condition. Immediately I informed Ricky’s mum, calling her.

Just as I was still speaking with Ricky’s mum, my momma came out asking what was going on. I told her and then she was forced to drive down to the hospital where Ricky was as we all followed her.

On getting there, Ricky was fast asleep due to the injection as explained to us by one of the nurses at the reception.
My momma couldn’t wait so long, as she left so fast. But within w minutes of her departure, Ricky’s mom arrived.

We were all at the reception. But I was very worried about it myself. I was very eager to see Ricky, but I won’t allowed to do such, but I later decided on sneaking into the ward where Ricky was as I have seen the number on his hospital card.  

I opened  203 slightly, so as not to be suspected by anyone. Finally, I entered and then I gently closed the door behind me.

I sat down beside Ricky who was lying on the bed fast asleep. I took one of his hands which I held tightly to myself, trying to feel the pain he was in at that moment.

A few minutes after my arrival at the ward, Ricky unclosed his eyes as he used his left palm to clear his dizzy and heavy eyeballs. I was very happy but then the door opened.