II

“Master Sterecra, from the beginning. Again.” Pastor Galswells sighed.

Pastor Galswells repeated the vow, “With this hand, I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way in darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine.” he turned his head to Noah with an annoyed expression, “Let's try it again.”

Noah nodded his head, “Yes— yes, sir.”

He took a deep breath and tried to ignore Emma's concerned staring, “With this candle,” Noah leaned down to the table and lit his candle— well, tried to light it.

“This candle...” he tried to light it again but it didn't seem to catch the fire.

Noah looked around the room with nervousness until the pastor cleared his throat impatiently.

He looked back to the candle and saw it already lit, he sighed and relief, it was like he got a sudden ego boost.

“With this candle,” he foolishly laughed, his breath blowing away the fire.

The crowd behind him murmurs as Pastor Galswells exclaims, “Continue!”

Suddenly, the doorbell rang. Lord Měi Nà ordered their butler to answer it.

Pastor Galswells sighed, “We'll pick up on the candle bit.”

The butler came back to the room and stood beside Lord Měi Nà, “It's a ’Lord Alejandro Burromuerto’, sir.”

Seconds later, a man, who we assume is ’Alejandro Burromuerto’ walks into the rehearsal room.

“I haven't a head of dates. I'm a day early for a ceremony.” Alejandro stated.

Lord Měi Nà  leaned to his wife's ear to whisper, ”Is he from your side of the family?” Genji raises an eyebrow, “I can't recall.”

Lady Měi Nà raises her hand and snaps her finger, “A seat for Lord Burromuerto.”

The butler slid a chair as Alejandro sat down.

Both Noah and Emma were staring at this stranger until Alejandro broke the silence, "Do continue."

They both looked back at Pastor Galswells as he spoke, "Let's try again, shall we, Master Sterecra?" he said in a tone that was none other than an annoyed one.

"Yes— yes, sir. Certainly." Noah replied and raised his arm as Emma lit his candle, using her candle.

Pastor Galswells squinted his eyes, "Right."

Noah repeated, "Right— oh, right!" he raised his right hand and almost threw the candle away.

He gulped before reciting his vows once again, "With this, this..." Noah murmured, not remembering what he was bound to say.

"Hand." the pastor completed his sentence in a loud volume.

"With this hand..." Noah put his palm for Emma to put her hand on.

They both take 3 steps forward with their hands intertwined.

"I— with..." Noah stuttered and took another step, accidentally banging his knee on the table.

"Three steps, three!" Pastor Galswells said in a louder tone as Emma gasped.

"Can you not count!? Do you wish not to get married, Master Sterecra!?"

Noah waves his hand in defence, "No! No—"

"You do not?" Emma turns to him with concern.

Noah looked back at her and retorted what he just said, "No! I meant, no, I do not-not wish to be married— That is, I want very much to— OW!"

To be with The Dead ♡ DISCONTINUED.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें