1. No more drama for Alexandria

The rays of the early morning sun hit Alex's eyes as she stirred awake

The rays of the early morning sun hit Alex's eyes as she stirred awake. Glancing around the room for a second, she looked at the set-up around her room with soft smile on her face.

Alex and Hermione had briefly explained to Hermione's parents how Alex's parents simply weren't in the picture at the moment and how her old living arrangements had fallen through. The Grangers didn't ask more questions thankfully and welcomed Alex like she was another daughter into their home. And she made sure to repay the favor by offering money, which she had taken from her vault to help cover the costs of her living there, even if they told her it was unnecessary.

Ever since the summer had started, Alex had been staying in the Granger family guest room and began to make it her own room.  Pictures and memorabilia began to cover the walls of the many adventures she'd been having with Hermione that summer, as well as twinkly lights. She couldn't help but let eyes linger on the drawing of the Hebridean Black Dragon that Fred had given to her for Christmas the previous year.

There were pictures that they had taken in a photo booth in a mall nearby.  Alex had been amazed walking around with Hermione as they showed her all the Muggle shops.  It made Hermione laugh to see Alex's reaction to it all.

Al was perched comfortably on the desk where there were multiple film ticket stubs in the corner, showing the many films they had gone to watch that summer.  They had been going to see one every week and again, it amazed Alex to see how innovative Muggles were as they watched the films.

But so far, Alex's favorite thing they had done so far with Hermione and her parents was when they went to see a musical on Shaftesbury Avenue. They had watched 'Les Miserables,' which Alex enjoyed very much. So much so that she kept quoting the songs to Hermione, who would laugh every time.

Slowly sitting up, Alex stretched before the sound of tapping caught her attention and she looked at the window to see a screech owl sitting on the windowsill, holding a letter in its beak.  She instantly recognized the owl and climbed out of bed to grab the letter.

"Thank you," she told the owl as she gave him a treat before ripping the seal open:

Dear Alex,
I don't know about you, but I'm ready for the school year to start. I miss you way more than I thought I would since you've actually become one of my best friends. Your smile helps brighten up my day and I'm beginning to see you like a little sister. It almost makes me wish I had siblings, but if I can't, I'm glad to have you.

Hopefully, you're willing to help me with potions again this year because while I did pass and am taking it as a N.E.W.T. subject, I do know I was struggling during the exam. And since you're the most brilliant student when it comes to that subject, I hope you'll help a poor, brainless-when-it-comes-to-potions sycophant like me. (Alex laughed out loud at his word choice.)

Also, I was wondering, are you going to the Quidditch World Cup? Because if so, Dad and I are going and we should meet up! Let me know if you are and we'll make plans!