𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧, 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍

Ellis

Elijah nor Tobias came for tutoring yesterday. I have a good idea why Elijah didn't come, but why didn't Tobias come? Did something happen?
Did he have a job? And he didn't answer my calls yesterday. Maybe he felt sick or something?

I sit in class, not fully paying attention to what my teacher is saying. Mainly 'cause I'm worried about Tobias and Elijah, ever since... that night, everything has been terrible between them.

But I understand why, because of what Tobias had done to Elijah. And I wouldn't want to be near anyone who has bullied me for no given reason. Or make me feel like... shit.

"Ellis are you listening?" My teacher called out, her arms cross with disappointment on her face.
"Do I need to class your parents?"

"No ma'am, that's unnecessary." I say nervously twirling my thumbs.

Please don't call them...

"Alright then, please don't space out while I'm talking." She turns back to the board, uncrossing her arms in the process.

I know I don't have the worst parents.
They just want the best for me and my future. I just feel like their levels of discipline for what I do is extremely. It's not like I actually do anything wrong, getting a 'C' every once in a while isn't bad. Takung advance classes aren't the easiest.

The ringing of the bell startles me, but nonetheless I gather my things like everyone else.

"Yo Ellis." I heard someone call my name, which caused me to look up. And I saw who was calling me.

"Hey Tyler, what's up?" I stood up and walked out to the hallway to meet up with him.

"I was just wondering if you would want to go to homecoming with me?" He asks with confidence as we start walking.

"Sorry... I don't really go to dances." I scratch the back of my head nervously. "But I hope you find someone special."

"Thanks I guess. I was really hoping you'd go with me."

"Sorry I don't-" I spotted Elijah walking across the hallway going in the opposite direction.
"I gotta go, I'm sorry!" I say, running the opposite way and I see his facial expression change. A pang of guilt hits me. I promise to properly apologize later.

"Elijah!" I announced, and he instantly started to look around for me.

"Ellis?... Sorry I didn't show up yesterday. I didn't know if I could face him."

"... I talked to him, and he told me he doesn't hate you. And it sounded like he actually meant it. I know you aren't gonna trust yet, but please, give him another chance." I begged, I know Tobias is a good person. He just needs to find his way.

"Fine... I'll give him a chance. But I refuse to give him another... I don't usually do second chances." He states, folding his arms.

"Also, have you seen him at all today?"

"No.. now that I think about it he wasn't in first period either."

"Weird..." I mumbled, which didn't catch Elijah's ear.

"Did you call him?"

"Multiple times, and texted." A sigh escapes my lips.

"Try again. Do you think something happened?" Elijah asks, worry tracing his face. I do what he said, pulling out my phone, calling Tobias again.

After a few rings he answers. Which shocks me. "Tobias?"

I heard a groan, but it sounded mopey, like he's been crying.

"Are you ok?"

"Yea..."

"I'm not stupid, you've definitely been crying." I state, before walking into a bathroom with Elijah right behind me. I put the phone on speaker so Elijah can hear too.

"Tobias what's wrong?" I ask once more and I get a mumbled sob out of him.

"I-I... I don't know what to do anymore..." He sobs out.

"What happened?" I ask, feeling sadness and sympathy lace with my voice.

"My mom is in a fucking coma, and I just feel like my world is just crumbling around me."

It took me a minute to process what he had said.

"... I don't know what t-to say... Do you want us to come over?" I ask, in a loss for what to say. I want to comfort him, I just don't know how to verbally.

"Us?" The confusion in tone sticking out.

"I'm here too." Elijah added anxiously.

"I thought you-"

"Im giving you a second chance, don't fuck it up. But that's besides the point. Do you want us to come over after school?" He said in a more demanding tone, rather than a questioning one.

"... please." Tobias begged softly.

I subconsciously smiled on the inside, but kept a straight face on the outside. The way he said 'please' made my heart beat increase. "Alright, just hang on."

"I'm hanging on to something."

"... Are you trying to kill yourself?"
I questioned. My mind taking what he said obviously the wrong why by their reactions. Elijah burst into fits of laughter, and Tobias is now yelling.

"When did I say- No! I'm not trying to kill myself!" He screamed at me.
"Well the way you frazed it made it seem like-"

"I meant I'm hanging on my bed, because I was falling off! Not that I was hanging- just forget about it." He let out an exhausted sighed, I could feel him staring at the phone with an annoyed expression. "Just get to class before I do kill myself."

I rolled my eyes before hanging up, looking to my side, Elijah still laughing his ass off.

"Shut up laughing!"

He continues to laughs, not caring about me protesting him to stop.

After a few minutes of laughing his ass off his laughter dies off, and he see me staring at him with the most unimpressed look on my face.

"You done?" I questioned sarcastically.

"Yep."

Rolling my eyes I walk out of the bathroom, with a snickering Elijah behind. I swear I'm gonna throw the next thing I see at him if I hear him snicker on more time.

"You wanna meet at the gate?"

I turn around and see him with a small smile pulling the corners of his lips.

"Yea." I let it roll off my tongue.

"Alright, see you later." He waves me off before going in the opposite direction. I send him a wave back before going my own way.

Pretty