Our Reality

(Sorry I haven't updated in months the reason is that I've been lazy but I'm trying to work out of it, also this is a modern AU thing but it is still in teyvat.)
———————————————————————————
Cyno and Tighnari, lovers straight out of medical school, both hoping to follow the same career path, being doctors at the local hospital. They're now going to start their residency tomorrow, and are in their apartment, it's 9:35 pm.

"Cyno! Come here!" Tighnari yells from the dinner table, waiting for him to get there. Cyno then comes from the living room. "What is it?" He asks, somewhat annoyed he was distracted from watching Grey's anatomy. "Sit down." He says. "We have to talk." "What did I do now? Make too many dad jokes? You know you love them secretly~." Cyno says teasingly as he sits down next to Tighnari. "No, but that is a serious problem, I swear, every time you say one of those in public or with some friends I get the urge to just stop breathing and let death consume me," Tighnari says in a slightly joking slightly serious tone. Cyno chuckles and lets Tighnari continue.

"Anyways I wanted to talk about tomorrow, it's gonna be stressful, I mean, we're finally going to start our residency at the hospital, we're at the beginning of our careers!" Cyno smiles at him. "I know we do, and I'm nervous about it too, but I promise you, everything will be fine. Tomorrow will turn out just fine, and so will all the days after it. It'll all work out, I promise you that." He then kisses Tighnari's forehead lovingly. "Why don't you join me to watch my show?" Tighnari rolls his eyes. "Like I would ever watch that piece of hot garbage. Don't you see how ridiculous some of those diseases they have on there are? I swear, some of those episodes have parents suffering from Harry Potter spells." Cyno laughs. "I can agree with that, some of those things the patients have are ridiculous, but it's entertaining to watch, so, that's all that matters isn't it?" He then goes to sit on the couch, and waves at Tighnari to join him. Tighnari then rolls his eyes, before joining Cyno on the couch.

"Fine, I'll watch your stupid show," Tighnari mutters bitterly. Cyno then wraps his arms around Tighnari and pulls him closer. "Isn't this nice? Just you and me... relaxing on the sofa, watching a show together at night?" Tighnari nods. "It's cozy..." he mumbles, nuzzling his into Cyno's shoulder. Cyno kisses his cheek. "I'm so happy I'm with you, I feel like I won the lottery. You're amazing, just know that." Tighnari then takes his head off Cyno's shoulder and looks at him. "Honestly, I feel the same way. I feel as if I'm the luckiest man on earth finding you, and the fact that everything seems to be working out makes me feel even luckier." He smiles warmly at Cyno. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me... god, we're becoming like one of those corny couples you see in those romance movies..." Cyno chuckles at Tighnari's remark. "Well, that just means we truly love each other." They then cuddle each other and continue watching the show, Tighnari making occasionally nitpicks at the show for its medical accuracy, and Cyno making an occasional cheesy joke. Once the episode is over, Cyno speaks up. "You wanna watch the news now, you know, just to stay updated." Tighnari nods. "Sure..."

Cyno then switches off Netflix and goes onto the live channel section, he then switches to the news channel and puts it on. They started tuning in right after the weather forecast. "Thank you for that forecast, Micheal, I'll now be taking back the lead to explain worldwide events going on right now." A pretty Sumerian woman says, wearing a fancy suit and sitting at the usual news desk. "Tensions rise as Snezhnaya continues to restrict human rights in their nation and make hostile moves towards other nations with their own "Fatui" group meddling in lots of political affairs. The archon of Natlan, Murarata, stated this just this morning. 'If one of damn Fatui harbingers of theirs mess with my nation I will be more than willing to drop a nuke on Snezhnaya's capital and kill all of them if I have to!', the rest of the 7 nations expect Snezhnaya have stated that they saw the response as 'Worrying' and are concerned about Natlans over hostility causing this to go overboard. The Cryo archon, known as the Tsarista has stated that if Natlan or any other launches any nukes at them, they will not hesitate to launch a nuke back at Natlan and all other nations, even if they aren't involved. Following a policy of, if they can't exist, then no other nation can." Cyno looks at Tighnari. "Scary all this stuff going on, isn't it?" Tighnari then responds. "Yeah... It is pretty scary to know that at any moment we can be thrown into a war. Hopefully, it all blows over, 'cause I'm not trying to be part of World War 2."

Cyno strokes Tighnari's head lovingly. "Don't worry Love, I'm sure it'll all blow over soon. They'll all probably negotiate it out. They've already learned their lesson from the First World War, and nothing like it will ever happen again, the governments made sure of it." They both then get up and turn the TV off, deciding to go to tuck in for the night, wanting to be well-rested for their residency tomorrow.

The next day...

Tighnari's phone alarm went off, waking him up with a start. He jumped up and turned it off, before starting to aggressively as possible. "Cyno, Cyno! Wake up! We have to go into the hospital to start our first shift! WAKE UPP!!!" Cyno then slowly woke up. "mm, whatisittignari..." he mumbled sleepily, rubbing his eyes. "We have to get ready to go start our first shift at the hospital! Get up already!!" He yelled at him. With that, Cyno immediately got up and started getting ready, Tighnari did too, both rushed and anxious. Once they got ready they hurried out of the apartment room and walked hastily down the stairs since the elevator was broken. (It's been broken ever since they moved in.) and got into the car. Tighnari in the driver seat, Cyno in the passenger. Tighnari starts the car and starts driving to the hospital. Cyno tries to start small talk but whenever he does Tighnari just immediately shushes him.

They then arrive at the hospital shortly after. Both of them rush out of the car and rush into the hospital. They both then start their first day in residency with all the other residents, being led around the hospital, and explaining everything. But during the middle of their guide, a very loud alarm starts blaring in the hospital, and lots of the red button alarms on the walls light up and start flashing. "What the f-" Tighnari starts, but before he could finish he suddenly heard a loud bang and his whole vision went white, and then, his vision went black.

A couple of hours later...

Tighnari then wakes up, only to be surrounded by darkness, and being crushed by something stuff above him. He reaches his arm off and after some effort pushes the rubble above him off. He then quickly crawls out from under all the rubble. Looking around, everything looked like a wasteland. All the buildings were just rubble now. People were dead on the streets, crying, limping around, and buried in rubble. The air smelled horrible, and the sky was a dark color. Then, his mind immediately went to his lover, Cyno. He quickly started digging up the rubble where he was. "Cyno! CYNO!!! Where are you? If you can hear me make a sound! Push the rubble up! CYNOO!!!" He started digging around the rubble frantically, tears forming in his eyes. He couldn't beat the thought that he lost his love, the person he cared for the most. But the more time he spent digging at the rubble with no luck. The more reality dawned on him. He, Tighnari. Just lost his love, life, and everything he cared for. And Everyone else in the world probably lost everything too. All because of some stuck-up archons that couldn't keep their cool, and that don't realize that their actions have consequences, consequences that affect the whole world.
———————————————————————————
(This story was inspired by the movie called Threads. More specifically, I was watching a video about somebody talking about the Threads and its plot and when I heard it it gave me this idea. I'll put the video below if I can find it, also sorry that I haven't updated in months, I'll update more often now. I know that I've said that a lot now but this time I'll try to do it, have a good day!)