Chapter one, The News

Adeline Hensley frowned. She was sitting in her parent's living room. Her parent's had just told her and her siblings that their Aunt Amy and her family was coming to stay in a few days and wanted to celebrate their Aunt's birthday with them. And Adeline's parent's wanted her and her siblings to give their Aunt gifts .

The problem was that Aunt Amy was quite picky in what she liked, so it was hard to know what she would actually enjoy. That, and the morning sun was shining in her eyes. Adeline wanted to get something she knew her Aunt would like. As Adeline's siblings retired to their rooms to think about what to give to Aunt Amy for a gift, Adeline did the same thing. Plopping on her bed, Adeline started thinking about what she wanted to give her Aunt.

Her Aunt loved education, and had a doctorate degree in biology. So everyone thought it was a good idea to give her books, after all, they contained knowledge and that seemed to be what she wanted.

When Aunt Amy was younger and had gotten her bachelors degree in biology, everyone except for those who knew her best, had expected her to settle down. But she had gone on to get a doctorate degree in biology. As soon as Aunt Amy opened the gift Adeline would know if she truly liked it. If Aunt Amy got a gift she didn't truly want she would smile and say, "Thank you" nice and polite, and then put the gift neatly next to the others. If she truly liked it then as soon as she would see it a huge face-splitting grin would fill her face and she wouldn't let go of the gift for a long time.

The door opened, Adeline looked up, her sister, Grace, was at the door. "Do you want to go to the mall with the boys to look for gifts for Aunt Amy?" The boys, were their brothers, Gareth and Luke. Adeline nodded, saying, "sure" while getting off the bed.