JAXON POV

The second day wasn't anything special. We basically hid in the container the whole time. We tried to ration our food to our best abilities as well. Only one person died yesterday. Which was Cove from District four.

The next morning on the third day, I was the only person awake. Meanwhile Angel and Carter were still sleeping. I heard footsteps. They weren't that loud but they were moving fast. Then I heard a thud on top of the container.

Angel and Carter shot up out of their sleep. We quickly opened the container and rushed outside. On top of the container was Buck.

"Are you okay?"Carter asked

"No! The careers are chasing me!"Buck said

We ran to peek around the corner and a knife flew directly at Me. Angel saving me from the knife by centimeters. When I turned to the careers I noticed one of them was missing. Eros. I tried to scope the area but was slammed into the container by Spyder. Spyder attempted to stab me with his sword but i squirmed around in his grasp. I had also noticed that Thorn had joined the career group, not for long though. Next thing you know Carter comes up behind Thorn and stabs him.

"Eros now!"Amazon said

Suddenly Spyder pushed himself away from me. Eros popped out from a corner and fired four arrows. Four? I was able to duck in time and so was Carter and Angel. So what was the fourth arrow for? I found out quickly why. Buck's gasping body fell from the top of the container onto the ground beside me.

"AHH!"I screamed

Eros and Amazon laughed.

"That's twelve people left, let's get out of here."Spyder said

While the careers ran I ran after them. I was enraged. There was no reason to kill Buck, he was so young and wasn't a threat.

"Jaxon wait!"Angel said

"There's already twelve people left Jaxon just wait!"Carter said

Suddenly a smoke started filling the arena. I could no longer see the careers but I could hear them. My vision became blurry. Suddenly I bumped into one of the zombie things and I was tackled to the ground by it. I kept it from biting me, but I couldn't remain awake.

DAHLIA POV

It's the fourth day and I've been pretty much alone this entire time. Only one more person needs to die and we go on to the next arena. None of these girls are trustworthy, so I've been playing a very sneaky game. I've been hiding in any places I can fit. I've mostly been following around the careers and anyone with a lot of food.

I walked around the school campus making sure to be aware of her surroundings. I walked until she found the old cafeteria. All the doors were locked. I looked around until I saw a pretty big rock. A smirk formed on my face.

I busted the window open and opened the door. I walked in and closed the door. I pushed a table up against the door and started walking around. I ran out of rations since I didn't initially go the cornucopia. I looked at the food that was out for display. It looked moldy and disgusting.

"Ew..."I said to myself

I then walked to the back area of the cafeteria where they cook the food. I searched through the cabinets. I found food, but most of it was expired or looked horrible.

I suddenly then heard the door of the cafeteria start shaking. I peeked out and saw Sky and Lotus trying to get in. My heart dropped instantly. I had nowhere to hide. I grabbed the handle of a small silver closet like thing that must've been used to store foods. It was locked. I grabbed a knife and hid behind the door of the back room. That's when I heard a loud scrape and the door burst open. I held my breath.
Lotus and Sky's shoes and voices sounded through the cafeteria.

"She came in here didn't she?"Lotus asked

There was no response but I'm sure Sky is in there with there. How long were they following and how were they so quiet, especially Lotus.

"There's a back room behind here."Sky said in her quiet monotone voice

As the two girls were making it towards the room, the girl from District Eleven, Iris, had slowly started coming out of the big metal closet I tried to hide in. I shook my head no as she put her finger over her lips and started coming out. She reached and grabbed a knife and stayed kneeled. Sky and Lotus rushed into the room. Iris rushed then and stabbed Lotus in the hand.

"AAAH!"Lotus screamed

Sky grabbed Iris and slit her throat quickly. I rushed out of the room past them. Did she know that I was in there? Why would she come out? She would've likely lived if she didn't come out. Suddenly a fog-like smoke started filling the arena. It got harder and harder to breath as I became lightheaded. As I was running I collapsed on the ground.