Empty

The feline and rabbit stared at each other, the silence deafening. The feline was too shocked to speak so the rabbit decided to say something.

"Uhm, hello?" Splash said, worry and confusion evident in her voice.

The feline stood up and walked to the rabbit, once they were face to face the feline touched the bunnies face like she needed to test if Splash was actually there.

Splash politely took the paw off of her and smiled, "Please don't do that, miss."

"S-sorry, it's just been so long." the cat took a few steps back, "Splash, where have you been?"

"What do you mean?" Splash asked, even more confused and worried now, "I've just been asleep-"

"No, you disappeared 2 months ago. Suni was looking everywhere for you." The feline revealed, causing Splash to gasp.

*Two months?! What does she mean two months!? There's no way.. I would've.. I-* She panicked, she hyperventilated, she felt like something was missing, something important.

"Calm down." The feline grabbed Splash and hugged her, calming the rabbit down, "It's alright, everything is alright. We'll figure this out."

Splash felt comfortable within the felines arms. They felt familiar, they felt safe.

"Thank you, Diagram." Splash thanked, getting a surprised expression from the feline.

Diagram smiled, "you remember my name?"

"Of course, how could I forget about you.." Splash then whimpered, "how could I forget 2 months of my life?.."

Diagram let go of the bunny, "Weird things happen on the island all the time, I know someone that can help us find out more about your memory loss."

"Who?" Splash asked, only for Diagram to walk pass her and make her descent down the hill.

The rabbit, despite being a bit confused, followed the cat. They made their way across grassy plains till they reached a cave. They entered it and Splash recognized the crystals on the walls and ceiling. She walked to one of the yellow crystals and touched it. Despite the hard exterior, it felt nice to touch. It was as if her very being was enlightened by the crystal.

"Splash!" Her ear perked up at her name being called, she turned and saw Diagram, who gestured to her to get over to her.

The rabbit-canine quickly ran over there and followed the feline to a hole that had a light gray metal outline showing etherians where it was. Splash looked down the hole and it was about 3 feet deep.

She was about to open her mouth to say something but Diagram suddenly jumped down the hole. Splash wanted to screech but held her feelings in when Diagram landed on her feet at the bottom of the hole, seemingly completely fine. Splash looked around the bottom of the hole for anything to land on that would soften her fall, but failed to find anything but rocks and crystals.

"DIAGRAM!" Splash yelled down getting the cat's attention, "HOW DO I GO DOWN THERE WITHOUT GETTING HURT!?!"

Diagram looked around the bottom of the hole, smiled and looked back up, "Just jump down! It'll be fine!"

"UH... OKAY!" Splash shouted, before taking a deep breath and jumping down the hole.

The air flowed around her before she landed face first into the ground. She heard the cat snicker before the cat lifted her up and helped Splash get on her paws.

"Was that necessary?.." Splash questioned, rubbing her face.

Diagram smiled, "Do you remember anything now?"

"..." Splash stared at her with a deadpan expression.

"I'll take that as a no" Diagram giggled, "Let's go meet up with him."

In one of the walls at the bottom of the hole was a giant metal door, about 4x Splash's size. As Diagram approached it, the door eventually sensed her presence and opened. Splash quickly followed behind the cat as they entered the air conditioned building. The lights above them illuminated the white walls as tubes sat on the top part of the walls and metal poles went across the walls, Splash just assumed inside were many wires that powered the lights above. They walked through a giant room with a huge metal hopper in the middle and made their way through more hallways till they reached a room with a bunch of test tubes, computers, and most of all, a floating robotic figure seemingly looking at a purple liquid in a glass bottle.

"Auto!" Diagram shouted, getting the bot's attention, "I'd like to call in a favor."

He turned around, showing 6 white horns protruding from his pitch black head, a white creepy smile on his eyeless face. His smile reminded Splash of smiles that were on jack o'lanterns. None of its black body parts were connected and it floated towards the cat and rabbit duo.

"Hmm.." Auto observed Splash, his scratchy voice slightly hurting her ear, "I don't see anything wrong with her."

"It's not visual, dumbass." A whack was delivered to the back of his head, the slap getting a chuckle out of the ghost.

Auto turned to Diagram, his smile still present, "Then would you mind telling me what it is?"

"She has some kind of form of Amnesia." Diagram explained to the robot, "I'm not sure which one, could you analyze her?"

"Alright, come on kid." Auto gestured for the bunny to follow him as he floated to a test tube.

Splash hesitantly followed the ghost and walked into the open door on the side of the test tube. Auto closed the glass door behind her and hovered to a nearby computer.

"I suggest sitting down," Auto told her, "This is gonna feel weird."

Splash nodded and sat down on her behind. Auto typed in a few commands on the computer which caused some lights to appear at the top of the tube.

"Don't worry, it will be over before you know it." Auto informed the rabbit.

Splash looked up worriedly at the lights that slowly moved down. But settled for closing her eyes, and allowing the light to envelop her.

...