It's in the past

Ten years later, Seth is currently 14 years old, turning 15 in a week.
The orphanage has been running out of room for new orphans. The oldest one is Seth. He's been in the orphanage for ten years. Everyone He's been with had been adopted, but not Seth...

Seth has made a lot of mistakes. He often stays awake at night...wondering what he's meant to be or what to do in this world...

He blames himself for his family deaths every day, every hour, and every second.
"If only I had my quirk back then....I could've saved them..."   He says to himself, as he looks at the old, taped picture heuas of his family.

The blood....the screams....the hospital...

He shakes his head as he balls up his hands into fists as tears stung his eyes.
But he knew better than to cry over something that happened years ago..

The next day, the caretaker announced that Seth would be sent away to Japan, where he will be taken care of. The caretakers here could barely handle Seth alone, and having to control the other children is hard enough...

So Seth packed his bag...well, backpack, as he said his goodbyes to the children a t ten orphanage, before getting on the bus which will take him to the airport.

Seth takes one more look at the orphanage, as it got smaller and smaller as the bus drove..

As he sighs, leaning his head back against the seat
"it's all in the past now..the orphanage, my home...my family"

And now, Seth's story begins now, in a new city he's never been in.