1. ~ »I know the truth.«

"𝖄𝖔𝖚𝖗 𝖇𝖗𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖘 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖌𝖔𝖓𝖊." Imperator greets, walking into Cardinal Copia's room.

The Cardinal looks up, furrowing his eyebrows. "Sorry?" He blinks twice, as if to get rid of the phantom he's seeing and hearing.

"They are dead." Imperator says simply. "Pack. We're leaving for that tour tomorrow. They won't get in your way anymore!"

Copia hesitates. "Nono, Sister, I-I don't understand?-"

"What do you not understand? I thought you'd be thrilled." Imperator raises an eyebrow, setting a hand on her hip.

He pauses again, eyes widened. "...How are they dead? How did they pass? Why would I be thrilled about my brothers dying???" Copia questions,

"Oh, it was an accident. Sad, really. I thought you'd be happy because of how little you four got along."

Copia's eyes widened. "They're still my brothers, Sister! They're family?"

"Do not raise your voice at me, Cardinal." Imperator snaps. "If you really want to know, we killed them off on purpose. The reason as to why is undisclosed. Good night!" The sister then slammed the door shut.

As Copia stand in silence for a few moments, tears swelled in his eyes. Soon the shock hit him harshly. He crumpled to his knees, breath heavy and uneven. Silent sobs. Always remember to be silent. Always has always will. He never ever cried loudly. It was considered weak. But this... it hurts. His brothers. Gone. Gone like they weren't there yesterday. Gone like they were not teasing and taunting him like usual yesterday.

Suddenly yesterday felt like a year ago. I silent sound escapes the Cardinal's throat, as he shakily stands, only to fall back on his breath, leaning against the wall for support.

Nihil entered. Copia's eyes shot up to the older Papa. His breath hitched as he acknowledged him. "P-Papa." He stammers, breath shaky and eyes wide.

"Whatever Sister told you it was a lie." He hums, walking over to him. "It was an accident, hear me Cardinal?" He growls. "An accident."

The Cardinal nods.

"Listen boy. Repeat after me. It was an accident."

"It was an accident..."

"Again."

"It was an accident..." Copia sobs, his breath heavy.

"Stop crying. It won't make a difference, it won't bring them back. So quit your whining," Nihil's face scrunches in disgust.

It's like a pang in his heart. "Y-yes Papa..." he mutters choking back sobs and cursing at himself for stuttering.

"Dinner will be ready soon. Get packed and ready to go."

"Yes Papa..."

And the doors shut. Copia waits for a few minutes, his breath advancing in shakiness. It's sickening. How the Clergy can get away with murder. He lets out a silent noise again.

"Primo... Secondo... Terzo..." he whimpers, holding his head, his sobs continuing further. "God Dammit..." he grits his teeth, kicking himself for no reason.

He can't help but blame himself.

WC: 472