3.Sigh, tough luck

"Why can you guys not leave me alone?!" yelled Kael, exasperated, as he fumed at us. 

"It is not like we followed you!" Elio jutted back and I zoned in at how their hands simultaneously gripped at the sparkly bag.

"Let go," Kael raged and Elio placed his other hand on the bag too. "No. I'm taking this. Dude, please. Let us not cause a scene here." -We caused enough scenes already for a day- "Let me ask if there are any other bags-"

"That is the last one from the collection," came a meek voice from behind me. A saleswoman peeked from a rack of lingerie, hesitantly looking between the boys who were fighting for the LV bag in the women's section.

This little piece of information only caused the boys to tug the bag towards them even more, and I was worried that the bag might be strapped off its pearls. "Boys, boys, calm down, please!" I tried to barge in between them.

"Elara," Elio whispered to me from behind me when I came in front of him, "Find a way to distract him."

Distract him? What do you expect me to do? Jump on him again?

Nevertheless, I flailed my hands in front of Kael, who fixed his angry green eyes on me. "Does it have to be this bag? Many others in the store would be better than this! I promise you!"

His grip on the bag tightened. Well, shit.

"Listen, Elios," -he did not just feminize Elio's name to call me that! How rude!- "I want this bag and this bag ONLY. I would've already bought it if you hadn't wasted my time jumping on me like a hooligan earlier!"

"My name is Elara. Also, I apologize again for what happened. But I promised to fix your phone! It does not relate to this! We saw this bag first and we are going to take it!"

"Because of you, I don't know where my girlfriend is. I had just gotten a message from her but before I could read it, you made me drop my phone! I have to leave soon after buying this bag so I can find her in the mall. I have no time for this! You dropped my phone so I reserve the right to have this bag as compensation!"

"Hmph, pray tell which of the laws depict such an absurd thing?" Elio mumbled from behind me.

I bit my lip, trying to think of something else before my eyes lit up devilishly. "Oh, man. I think you forgot to take your SIM card from your phone, didn't you?"

Kael momentarily halted in tugging the bag, making my heart dance a little in victory. "Shit. You. Give me my SIM card. I don't trust you with it."

I rolled my eyes. Of course, he will find a way to round the fault on me especially when I tried to help him. I shrugged indifferently, "You could be more polite, you know. Your phone is in my hands right now. You should watch your words or else I might do something illegal with it."

"Please, Eliora, give me back my phone," he said through gritted teeth and my fingers itched in exasperation.

"Wrong. Call me by my right name."

Kael helplessly looked at Elio and he sighed, "Her name is Elara."

"Right, Elara. Please give me my phone," Kael said, looking physically drained and done. My eyes took in the tight hold he had on the bag once again.

Distraction, huh?

Well, this was the last chance I'd have.

"If you want it, clasp your hands together and beg for it," I laid out, holding his phone from the tip of my fingers.

Kael laughed sarcastically before he squeezed the strap of the bag in opposition, "Clasp my hands and what? Do you think that'll I let go of easily? You cannot outsmart me-"