5.Sometimes, it doesn't matter if it is too soon

I sunk onto the ground with trembling hands, resisting the urge to scream out to unleash all my inner turmoil.

Kael, who had been staring down at his ex hatefully, bent down and placed a hesitant hand on my shoulder. "Are you okay?" he whispered. "What happened?"

I sniffled. "My money. I spent all my money on your phone!"

Kael bit his lower lip in guilt, "I am so sorry. I will make it up to you. I already have another phone, so you don't have to worry anymore."

My head cracked in his direction. "You have another phone already!?"

"Kael! What do you think you are doing? That was the latest phone I bought for you!" cried Natalie before she composed herself quickly with a blinding smile. "But...it's okay, I can buy you another one! I can give you even more!"

"Why don't you get it?" Kael asked, looking beyond annoyed. "You cannot buy my love. We.are.over. I already have a girlfriend. I have already moved on even though we just broke up yesterday. That says a lot about our relationship, doesn't it?"

"This girl right here is not your girlfriend! She can't be! She is not as pretty as me, she is plain-looking which doesn't suit you, Kael. She is-"

"-I'll have you know that I was prom queen last year, you bitc-"

"-and I bet you cannot satisfy Kael like I did," finished Natalie with a conceited expression, while Kael held onto my arm to prevent me from scratching my nails across that fake face.

I let out a scoff, "I wonder why your precious Kael is with me if you gave him the best pleasure ever. Clearly, he couldn't wait to get his hands on me just after he dumped you yesterday!" I laughed out loud mockingly.

Both Kael and I were blushing red at this point, but I was even more annoyed with this girl to consider this. Natalie was not getting the hint that she was not needed here anymore.

"You-YOU!" she let out a shrill screech, at a loss for words. "I don't believe that you are a couple! It's a hoax!"

Yeah, she was not easy to get rid of.

She was a used chewing gum that was stuck onto our shoes at this point.

Kael and I locked eyes, agreeing on the fact that she was incorrigible. She would not leave Kael alone unless something had to be done that would make her heart tear into shreds. It was evil, but she was a cheater, after all. A shameless and desperate one at that.

"Kael," I whispered to him after taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry but I think we will have to-"

"-I am going kiss you like it is the best kiss we are ever going to have," Kael cut in making me freeze.

I gulped and watched him with my pupils dilated. He cupped my face making me squeeze my eyes shut and place my hand on his nape.

Here goes nothing.

We crashed our lips together, kissing each other as if our lives depended on it, as if it were the only source of our life. His rough hand tangled in my hair as he tilted my head, our lips introducing themselves deeper.

I groaned into his mouth as I felt the little black curls on his nape, and he shivered in response, biting my bottom lip hard enough to extract blood.

The hairs on my arms stood to attention, my body melted into his arms and my legs lost all sensation as we kissed like there was no tomorrow.

He brought my body closer to his embrace, inhaling my lips, trekking the goosebumps on my arm, gliding his long fingers through my long strands of hair.