Teal Wreath

A Teal Wreath of summer flowers blooms, marking the completion of his journey.

~

Ominis told her to take as long as she needed, but Emma still tried to shower fast. She would have to repair her quest clothes with the loom later, for there was no time.

They had to get back to Anne.

'Avada Kedavra.' She almost slips in the shower. The moment has continued to replay in the back of her mind relentlessly. Her failure to intervene, the green glow of light, the evil aura emanating from Sebastian and the melancholy spirit that emerged from his uncle.

Her hair held her up, for she could not help but wash it thoroughly, seeing the disgusting remains of the Inferi which had stuck to her running down the drain. Poppy had taught her a handy drying spell. She forgoes her usual loose low bun, opting for a half-up style instead.

She dresses in her crimson and cream voyager garb, dons her black embossed tailcoat for the cold and hurries back out of the common room. The halls are still bare early on a Sunday.

At first she does not see Ominis where she had left him by the serpent tiles.

"Emma."

She looks right, spotting him at the top of the staircase by the Kelpie statue.

"I had to hide," he tells her as she reaches him. "Did you see him?"

"Who?"

"Sebastian," he frowns, "I heard him coming and hid."

"He did say he was looking for you when we left the tomb..." Emma admits.

Ominis turns away, "He's not the Sallow who needs us right now."

The sting of jealousy is dull beneath the numbness of such an overwhelming day.

Emma sighs heavily.

"Are you sure you're up to this?" He asks softly, concerned. "I can sense how tired you are. I know you haven't slept in two days." He takes a step closer to her. "I don't want you to push yourself when you should be resting. We know Ranrok is only around the corner."

Mention of her primary nemesis makes her blood cold.

Emma rubs her eyes, "I do feel a bit delirious, but the shower helped," she says, summoning her field guide. "Just promise to take me to breakfast after this and I'll be good to go."

Ominis smiles, "Sounds like a deal."

Her shining golden book opens up to the floo network.

"Let's go."

~

"Hello gorgeous," Emma greets the Hyland cow perched beside the floo flame. It gives a disapproving grunt at their arrival and heaves itself up, waddling away.

The morning clouds above them are pink with sun, despite the crisp snow around them.

When her eyes fall upon the Sallow household, a sense of mourning comes over them. Ominis offers his arm and Emma takes it, only realising now they are both appropriately shrouded in black.

They head towards the cottage.

"Someone is in there with her," Ominis says.

Emma notes the presence of a quaint looking carriage out the front, white with slim silver trimmings.

'Avada Kedavra.' Her chest compresses for a moment. She swallows hard and carries on.

"It looks like...an undertaker of some sort," she tells him. "I don't know much about Wizard funerals."