When Opportunity Comes knocking, You Fuckin Answer!

Jughead Jones was sitting in his best friend's/band member of 'The Southside Serpents' Toni Topez's basement tuning his drumkit before practice when Sweet pea, their base player shouts over to him.

"Nearly done there Jones? We don't have all day!"

Jughead rolled his eyes at his friend and shouted back.

"Yeah chill Sweets I'm done."

They set up and start playing their newest song.

Bring back my life, bring back my innocents. Non of us are your willing participants.

we're not your slaves and we're not your puppets. You raise us high then watch us plummet.

Fuck your're rules and fuck your tests. We'll raise the roof and we won't rest.

(Sorry if that's cringy I literally just made it up)

"That was fucking amazing guys!"

Fangs, Their lead guitarist said excitedly and high fived them all. Most of the time he does lead vocals but sometimes the others sing lead depending on who wrote most of the song and if that person even wants to sing lead. Jughead is the drummer, Toni plays the keyboard and takes care of the effects, Fangs is lead guitarist as said and again Sweet pea play the base. Jughead writes most of their songs but rarely sings them unless he really wants to.

They all live on the southside of their run down little town called Riverdale hence their band name. They all go to Southside High School and bearly ever set foot in the richer and more respected Northside of town. They've known eachother for years since they we're kids and along the way they discovered they all have a passion for music so they started a band and have been writing and performing together in the Whyte Whyrm a bar on the southside for years.

It was starting to get late and Jughead knew he'd better be getting back to his trailer knowing full well he'd probably find his alcoholic of a father passed out on their couch. He stood up from his drumkit, put his drumsticks in the back pocket of his faded blue ripped denim jeans and said to group.

"Alright I better head or my dad will beat my ass."

He chuckled darkly. Most people think he's joking when he says that but the thing was his dad actually would  beat his ass if he knew where he was. His father FP thought Jughead was wasting his time and that he would never make it in the music business. But that just gave Jughead more motivation to keep trying just as hard and to prove his father wrong.

The other gave him a grave look and Toni said sadly.

"Good luck, Jug"

He nodded and said.

"Thanks Toni, bye guys."

They all waved him goodbye but before he before he left he noticed there was a crumpled piece of paper stuck to the bottom of his shoe. he pulled if of and smoothed it out to see what it was. As soon as Jughead saw the title his eyes widened and he said excitedly to the others.

"Guys! Get the fuck over here and look at this!"

Sweet Pea, Toni and Fangs all hurried pver to read what the little piece of paper.

It was a poster for a music competition that Riverdale was hosting.

Riverdale's Battle Of The Bands!

Rivderdale will be hosting a Battle of the bands competition in Riverdale High School's Gym for new talented artists and bands. Five artists/bands will be chosen to fly out to Los Angeles California and meet with record companies to talk about getting signed. Both sides of the comunity North and South alike are welcome.

The compition will held on the 26th November

Requirments: You must be over the age of fifteen to travel alone. If you are fifteen or younger you must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.

You must perform an original song. If you choose to do a cover you will be disqualified.

You must be able to travel from 10:30am 5th December to 8:15pm 23rd December.

All expenses will be funded by Lodge Industries.

If you are intrested contact: 07554911280

We hope to see you there!

They stared at the poster blankly for a minute in complete shock then they all erupted into loud cheers of delight.

"You think we should do it?"

Fangs asked hopefully. Jughead turned to him and said

"When opportunity comes knocking, you fuckin answer!"

They all laughed.

"This gonna be great! We night finally get our big break!"

Sweet Pea said and they all chanted once more.