51

In my life, there's been a lot of carnage and chaos

In my life, there's been a lot of carnage and chaos. But amongst all of that, I've never lost someone I've loved besides Daniel.

There's been many close calls, that's a given in my line of work. I remember when I was fourteen, Jamie had been sent out on a job with Ace and another Angel, Peter. On the way to the job, they were attacked by a rival gang and their bikes crashed on the motorway. I remember the colour draining from Teddy's face when he found out, I remember the panic Liam and Killian tried and failed to mask. Every single one of us were fearing the worst, and wasted no time in heading to the hospital.

Peter had a few broken bones, Jamie had a crushed leg, collapsed lung and a brain bleed. Ace had to have heart surgery as his heart had a rip from a piece of his motorbike puncturing his chest.

So yes, there has been many time where I have nearly lost someone I loved.

Today is another to add to the list.

"Fuck!"

No one said a word as the man turned around, revealing himself to be Aidan. He had a harsh glare on his face until his eyes landed on me, then he let out a breath of relief and a smile graced his lips. Without thinking he crossed the room and wrapped me up in his arms.

As he got closer I could hear what I believed to be a protest. Once I got my face out of Aidan's chest, I saw my father and brothers stood to the side of the room, Stefano glaring silently at Ace who had a sad look on his face.

"Aidan, I'm so sorry- I didn't-" I was silenced by Aidan kissing my forehead and pulling me closer to him.

"Next time you decide to leave the country, a text would be appreciated."

Letting out a little laugh, I wrapped my arms around his neck, weary of the bullet hole in his shoulder.

"Or you could just not leave the country at all."

Turning my attention to my family, I saw Christopher staring at me, Mateo and Antonio doing the same with relief on their faces.

"I had something to do." I shrugged, letting go of Aidan as Stefano came over with a first aid kit, Ace trialing after him.

"You could've told us." Mateo answered.

"And say what? I need to go to Paris to see my adoptive gangster father who's there on a drug deal because I want to see him before he meets my biological family for the first time so we can catch up." I sarcastically replied.

"I mean, not exactly like that." Christopher shrugged. "But you know, some insight would've been helpful."

Two hours later, we were all on Christopher private jet back to LA, my family on one side of the plane, minus Stefano who was sat with Ace, the latter explaining how I had forced him into this and he was sorry. I could tell Stefano wasn't overly bothered about what happened, he knew I was with Ace and would be safe. I think the sadistic asshole just enjoyed watching his boyfriend grovel. And yes, on the way to France Stefano had apparently finally told Mateo of his relationship with Ace. And Mateo wasn't overly bothered, he just threatened Ace should he break Stefano's heart.

Teddy was sat with my father, Antonio and Mateo, discussing some form of alliance since I was a factor in all of their lives. After all, both my families have an agreement of no more conflict, but it's time for a friendship.

I was leant against Aidan, who has his uninjured arm wrapped around my shoulder, listening while I continued to apologise for shooting him.

"Kalina, I've said it's fine." Aidan laughed as he placed a kiss to the top of my head, ignoring the glare he got from Tristan.

Before I could say anything else, Tommaso came and sat down opposite us. He didn't say anything, just glared at Aidan.

"He makes you happy?"

Giving Aidan a confused look, to which he just rolled his eyes, I answered "Yes."

"He keeps you safe?"

"Yes."

"You love him?"

"Yes."

Tommaso nodded his head, his eyes squinting as he looked between Aidan and myself. Then, he stood up, and held his hand out to Aidan.

"I'm Tommaso, Kalina's twin."

Aidan stood up, and shook Tommy's hand, a grin on his face. "Nice to meet you, I'm Aidan."

This is why I love my Tommy. As long as I'm safe and happy, everything is good for him.

I couldn't help the smile on my face as the two of them sat and talked, their conversations ranging from their most intense mission for their mafia, to their favourite chocolate.