chapter 3

If I had known it would end like this, I wouldn't have entered this damned tower.

<<I'm not done with you.>> Speak Now tells me. <<But now I'm tired and my mother is over there, so we'll talk about it tomorrow when she leaves.>> she says, before hiding me behind the curtain again.

This is how I spend the night: behind a curtain, tied to a chair, and I have no idea where the crown is. Optimal.

I fall asleep for a short while, until I hear voices: <<Be careful and don't go out of the tower.>>

<<Yes, mother.>>

Shortly thereafter, Speak Now's mother is gone and she pulls me out from behind the curtain.

<<Here we are.>>

<<Where is my bag?>> I ask her.

<<You won't get it back until I decide.>> she replies.

Yes, okay, she thinks she's smart,  but I'm smarter.

<<You want to see the Christmas lights.>> I tell her.

<<How do you know?>>

<<You told your mother yesterday.>>

<<Oh. True.>>

<<Give me back my bag and I'll take you to see them.>>

<<WHAAAAAAAAAAT?>> she almost scream.

She will tell me yes.

<<Okay. Yes, yes, okay, when do we leave?>> she ask me.

<<The solstice is in four days, so... today.>>

<<I'll keep the bag until I see them.>>

<<Okay.>> I'll steal it from her. I don't really care if she sees the lights or not.

She frees me from the chair and runs into the kitchen, starting to throw lots of things into a bag.

 <<We'll need supplies, right?>>

I don't answer her and just watch her while she puts food, blankets and clothes in a bag. That bag will weigh a quintal.

She puts a sweater on over her dress, since it's very cold outside, and, with the bag on her shoulder, she tells me: <<I'm ready.>>

I have a feeling this is going to be a great adventure.