Chapter 4: Strawberry

The sun peeked through the bedroom window, lighting my hair like a dirty, ashy blonde.

I lifted my head from my pillow, curly hair tumbling down my back like a waterfall.

I closed my eyes again, trying to escape tiredness as I stretched my arms.

"Great, first day of school all over again," I sighed as I looked at my nightstand clock and saw I had an hour left to get to school.

I quickly headed towards the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Turning on the lights, I took in my vivid green eyes, high cheekbones, and long, flowing, curly hair.

I thought I looked like a mess right now, seeing the dark circles underneath my eyes, wishing I could rest more.

But since it was my first day heading back to school, I knew I needed to go.

Especially with parents like mine, who have always been persistent with my sister and me getting the best form of education, skipping a school day was only possible if one was extremely sick.

Once I stepped in the shower, my toes flinched as they touched the chilled ceramic floor.

I turned the faucet on, new and metallic. It released thousands of lukewarm drops, darkening my hair and trickling down my back.

Soon after, I was finally done, and I stepped out of the bathroom while wrapping a towel around myself.

I then picked out some undergarments, jeans, and a T-shirt. Once I was finished dressing up, I decided to style my wet hair in a bun and let it air dry since I was too lazy to blow-dry it.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on the door.

It was Sophia since she usually prepares for school before me.

When I opened the door, I was greeted by a warm smile.

She was dressed in a pink plaid skirt suit, white dress shoes, and a vintage backpack, which I thought was cute.

"Wow, you look great," I complimented her

"I know, but thanks," She smirked, "and you look decent," She replied, walking past me and flopping down on my bed.

I closed the door halfway and checked myself in the bedroom wall-mounted mirror, seeing that I looked presentable, which was good enough for me.

"So, are you ready for school?" She squealed excitedly.

"Honestly, no," I rolled my eyes, "but I hope today will be okay since it is monday...you know. I honestly don't want to go but have no excuse to stay home," I sighed heavily as I wore my backpack.

"Well, I'm sure you'll socialize well at the new school and make friends like me-"

"Well, that is easy for you to say; you're like the life of the party," I said, a bit annoyed.