Chapter 1: New Town Part 1

Two months ago, my dad lost his job due to the hardship of the economy.

His job let him and many other people go since they really did not need them anymore to work there.

We moved out of the suburbs to a small town in Ohio that was much cheaper to afford.

While my dad drove us to our new home, I admired the place and felt like some parts reminded me of my recent home.

Some people were outside hanging out on their front porches while kids played in the street.

This area was livelier since, in my old neighborhood, people mostly stayed inside their home or was always off to work.

At first, I did not want to move since I hated having to start over again and change in general.

My parents, however, disagreed and moved my stepsister Sophia and me here since it was a lot cheaper than most places in New York.

Everyone thought my stepsister and I were identical twins, but my father had strong genes, so we looked more like him.

The next day was our first school day, but the thought made me yawn.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sophia looked at me.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." I shrugged my shoulders.

I looked ahead and saw that my parents were busy having a serious conversation about something and, often, laughed at their whack jokes.

I then took out my phone and started to play Angry Bird.

"Maybe it's the travel." Sophia smiled.

"Yeah," I leaned back further in my seat.

"Are you excited about moving here?" She asked.

"You already know the answer to that question." I rolled my eyes.

She sighed. "Chloe, things will get better, I promise," She patted me on my left shoulder, "At least you can make new friends."

She was the more outgoing sister, while I was more closed off and kept to myself.

I had a couple of friends in my last school, but I knew as soon as I moved, my friendship with them would be over.

In high school, I came to realize that you had friends, where you guys were only friends five days a week.

"I guess, but you've always been good at making friends. When I'm cool with a person, then I'll have a deep and meaningful conversation with them."

"I understand, and I wasn't always the social butterfly. I was quiet and distant until I realized that living life where I experience new things would be more fun."

She gave me a small smile, and I did the same.

I then thought for a moment and realized that she was right.

I could be more outgoing and talk to more people.

"Fine, I will." I sighed. She then gave me a side hug, and we talked about casual things.

We would have talked about cute guys, but my parents were in the car, which would have made the car ride more awkward.

...

Shortly after we moved in, my mom made me clean the backyard, which was constantly filled with leaves still falling from the tree branches above us.

I tried to tell her it was Fall, so stopping leaves from falling would be an impossible task, but she was too stubborn to listen.

I grumbled while walking towards the back door to clean up the leaves.

My sister had to do laundry, but she was lucky since all she had to do was place our dirty clothes inside the machine and dryer.

After she did the laundry, she only had to fold it. In the meantime, she could watch TV and take a nap!

I sighed while I walked outside the house.

I then looked ahead and saw that there was a tool shed along with an abandoned swing.

The people who lived here before were a large family that had a lot of children.

When I looked towards the tool shed again, I wondered why it had chains all around it.

I would ask my mom or dad about it later.

I then looked around the yard more and noticed that my house had a view of the woods, and the only thing that separated us was a broken fence that needed to be taller and built-in securely.

We could easily get robbed or attacked by a mountain lion if they existed!

Since the houses were remarkably close together, I heard someone open their back door.

I shook my head at the thought.

While heading back inside the house, I noticed a hot shirtless guy leaning against the fence that separated the home next to mine.

Walking closer to him, I saw that he had a lot of tattoos on his chest, and one of his arms had a sleeve tattoo. He looked to be about 6'5.

He was ripped, had short brown hair, soft sexy lips, and blue eyes that were an electric blue and odd.

I had never seen someone with an eye color like his or his features before.

He honestly looked like a fashion model straight out of a Vogue fashion magazine.

When I walked closer to him, I had gotten a better look at his tattoos.

After a moment, he took a cigarette and a lighter from his pants pocket and lit the cigarette.

He then licked his lips before he placed the cigarette in his mouth and inhaled it.

Seconds later, he smirked when he noticed that I was staring at him intently.

By now, I had already rested my arms on the fence and looked at him dreamily.  

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst