chapter 00

"Mal??" My dad called from downstairs, but I didn't hear him as I was deep in thought thinking about everything, like what I'll eat for lunch, why mom left, what will happen when my sister comes home...

I haven't seen her since I had just turned 12 and she was 13, she came to visit for two weeks like she usually did each summer but then she stopped visiting when I needed her most. Mom left with Isa when I was 2 or 3, since then she hasn't called or wrote any letters, I'm convinced she forgot I exist. I wish I knew what I did wrong so I could change and she would've stayed.

"Sweetie?" My dad said while leaning in my doorway. 

"Yeah?" I replied, "are you going to come with me to get your sister?" "Sure" I replied.

***

"Do you see her?" Dad asked, "no I don- THERE SHE IS, BELLS OVER HERE!" i yelled with very noticeable joy in my tone, she walked over to us with a slight frown on her face, "shh! your so loud" she laughed awkwardly, "oh ok, sorry, and uhh isa? its good to hear your voice, I missed you." I peeped, "Ok, hey Char- Dad" Isa spoke awkwardly, "we should get going girls" dad spoke while shooting an awkward smile at Isa.

*in the car*

"Your hairs longer" dad said to Isa, "oh uh i cut it since the last time i saw you.." she mumbled. "oh guess it grew out again." dad said just as awkwardly as before. It was silent the rest of the way home.

*** 

"i cleared some shelves off in the bathroom" "oh right. one bathroom." Isa mumbled. Dad started rambling on about the lamp and bedsheets, "dad we should let her settle in don't you think??" i told dad hinting to him she wants space for a moment. "oh uh yeah, call if you need us" dad told Isa.

***

I looked  out the window to see Billy's truck coming down the road "DAD BILLY AND JAKE ARE HERE!" i yelled so dad could hear me, more like the whole street but still. "okay okay no need to yell I'm right here" he laughed. 

I ran downstairs to the driveway.

"Hey Jake, hi Billy, how're you guys doing?"

"I'm good" Jake said slightly mumbling while looking behind me

"Ah. Bella, you remember billy black?" 

"uh yeah, yah your looking good."

"well, im still dancin. im glad your finally here, charlie here hasnt shut up about it since he heard you weree coming."

Dad and Billy started playing in the street after dad made funny remark.

"hi im jacob, we used to make mud pies when we were little"

'Oh uh i remember, are they always like this?" she asked looking at the grown men playing in the street.

"its getting worse with old age" jake and i said in sync.

"so what do you think?"

"what?"

"your homecoming present"

"ThIS?"

"just bought it off of billy here"

"oh uh its perfect are you joking me?" bella said with slight sarcasm that you could only notice if you listened VERY carefully

"i TOTALLY rebuilt the engine-" 

"no you didnt i helped" i stated

Then she proceeded to hit jake when opening the door to see the inside

"not even five minutes in ands already hit someone"

"have some faith mal" dad said chuckling

"i told you she'd love it. im down with the kids' billy boasted

'Oh yeah dude.. youre the BOMB" dad said exagerating on 'bomb'

i sighed before going inside and saying bye to billly and jake. as i walked into my room my phone buzzed, 'what are you doing??' my best friend rose texted me

'nothing just helping isa get settled.'

'alright, are you able to come over soon tho?? auggie and emmett are doing stupid stuff and you dont wanna miss it'

'i would but i dont have my car. remember i wanted isa to have it??'

'I still don't get why you did that you've been working on it forever!'

'I don't mind she needed a car and she's older so it's whatever'

'Anyways want me to get you??'

'Jake and Billy are here outside still you sure cuz you know the 'drama' between y'all???'

'I'm coming to get you Auggie heard me texting you now he's jumping in circles with Emmett that you're coming'

'Hahahahhaha now I definitely need to come over! Come get meee'

'I'm coming haha'

***

"MAMA ESME" I said as I walked over to give her a hug

"Hi sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm good! Bella is home so that's exciting for me"

"Are you hungry I can make you something? I went grocery shopping"

"Oooo sure I'm starving"

"MALLORYyYYYyY" I heard someone scream as I was picked up

"Hey emmett"

"You've been gone forever why haven't you came over?"

"Cuz I have a life?" I joked 

"Harharhar. So funny"

"Put her down Emmett I want to hug my ma- best friend" Auggie spoke

I jumped out of Emmett's arms into August's.

"Heyy, I missed you"

"I missed you too" 

I turned my head to see Alice looking at me strangely, "what's up Alice? Why are you staring?"

"You're going to ruin everything!!!" She groaned/yelled at me.

"What do you mean?"

"You're. Going. To. Ruin. Everything! Edward's mate is supposed to come but your decision is prolonging it!!!"

"I'm sorry what?"

"Get out" she said dragging my arm outside lightly to not hurt me,

"Go home your going to see us tomorrow at school anyways"

"Fine, rose can you drive me home?" 

"What? No she can't say whether you stay or go, come inside we're going to play some games"

"I should probably get home and make dinner, I'll see you tomorrow, ok? Please!" 

"Ok fine." She grumbled obviously not happy with the decision.

"Bye guys see you tomorrow"

I looked in the window upstairs to see Edward glaring at me.

a/n

Heyyy so ik theres  gonna be mistakes so please point them out so I can edit them, also please let me know what you thought of the first chapter, don't forget to drink water ❤️❤️ Byeee have a good day/night