CHAPTER 1

SUMMER

Dear Diary,

Entry 1

Today is the second week of 8th grade! I just finished having breakfast and I'm waiting for Alexander to come. My mom said I have to walk with him and Noah but I really don't mind as long as I get to see him. He's been really nice to me recently but it's probably because he feels bad about mom and dad divorcing. Dad's staying at a friend's house at the moment whilst mom is packing all our belongings. I'm going with her to Colorado whilst Noah and dad stay here which is really sad because I won't see him every day, only twice a month and I will come by every summer.

I'm going to miss Xander a lot because even though we haven't been close, he's always been there for me. Recently though, I've noticed him staring at me when we are swimming which might mean he likes me but I'm not complaining. I have had a crush on him for as long as i can remember. We have lived right next to each other our whole lives and sometimes he waves and smiles at me through his window. I just wish he liked me too. None of the boys in school look at me because they say I'm fat and ugly but thankfully Xander and Noah shut them down. I hope he realises how much I like him and can give me a kiss by the time I leave to go Colorado.

I groan as I throw my diary from 4 years ago onto the floor. I was looking through the boxes in my old room and when I came across my old journal, curiosity got the best of me. I can't believe how crazy 14 year old me was.

I think back to earlier when I saw Xander again, after four years. Gosh he looked so good. I roll onto my back, snuggling into the soft covers and start laughing. What the hell is wrong with me? Why was I having these thoughts about the person who literally tried to kill my brother earlier ?!

Xander had grown up SO much since the last time I saw him. He was tall, like around 6'3, and those muscles on his arms and back made me blush thinking about it. I was so shocked when I realized it was him fighting my brother. Me and Noah haven't spoken much since I left so I never knew they stopped being friends.

I slowly sit up whilst shaking my head and rolling my shoulders. The room was starting to get a bit chilly as the sun was setting so I quietly got up to close the window. As I stood in front of the window to close it, I looked up and gasped. 

Across from me, through the window, in the room parallel to mine, was a shirtless Xander.

He was only wearing gray sweatpants and had a white towel draped over his shoulders. My eyes traveled all over his tattoos, lost in the hypnotising patterns. He slowly walked towards his mirror and started drying his dark black hair, flexing his back muscles in the process.

I lost my balance and had to hold on to the window sill to keep my balance. Xander shook his head one final time before lifting his head to meet my gaze through his mirror with a smirk.

He turned around before I could move and leaned his body out of the window.

"Hey sunshine, long time no see huh?" Xander muttered with a smile showing off his dazzling white teeth. I ran my tongue over my teeth out of instinct and smiled back, trying not to lose my composure. A quiet "yeah" was all I could say before he started chuckling to himself.

His gaze traveled up and down my body before staying on my chest. Shit. I looked down and realized I forgot to put a bra on and I was standing in the cold, so no surprise why he was staring. I felt my face flush and met his smug gaze once again.

I scowled before slamming the window shut and closed my curtains. I was certain I heard him laugh once more before I slid down the wall and hugged my knees to my chest.

How am I going to make it a whole summer with a man like Xander tempting me every second ?